Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, lighting, and feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role:
This position will report to the Director of Solution Delivery and will be responsible for developing comprehensive integration solutions for specific projects, as well as, providing technical support to the sales, project and support teams. This position will act as a primary liaison between the Comfy project team and the client facilities engineers.
As an Integration Engineer you will be responsible for the design, configuration, and integration to HVAC building automation and control systems to the Comfy app. Integrating to building systems typically involves adjusting configuration parameters and modifying code templates (python). The discovery, troubleshooting and integration of equipment controllers, and the interfacing of that hardware to software is a key focus for this position.
Our team needs your innovative thinking and process building. You are not only open to new ideas but are actively generating them. As part of the Implementation Team you will constantly drive to improve product delivery and enhance customer value. You will understand how each of your customers thinks about the value of Comfy and assist them by handling any objections or obstacles that they may face during deployment.
In order to accomplish this you will always be planning, hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and uncompromising in meeting your commitments. You will recognize that delegation and resourceful execution are necessary to meet your ambitious objectives. You are able to leverage our current tools in place, but also have the ambition and innovation to bootstrap new tools as projects need them. Your persistent and enthusiastic pursuit of high standards will result in collaborative team efforts that push our standards for implementation processes forward and delight customers!
Specifically, you will:
- Design building automation integration systems and create unique design solutions to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Tests sequences against project requirements.
- Performing remote analysis and troubleshooting on devices in Building Automation Systems (BAS) and providing initial solutions for installed systems.
- Perform basic commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controllers to end devices (i.e. sensors, actuators, etc.) and complete all required commissioning documentation.
- Coordinate with customer technical resources to architect and validate integration solutions.
- Document changes and provide information.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry /military experience required.
- 1-3 years of technical experience in related field required.
- 1-3 years prior Building Automation Controls systems (BACS) experience (Siemens, Tridium, Johnson, etc.)
- Experience Implementing and programming BACS optimization measures
- HVAC training and knowledge of a broad range of packaged and applied systems solutions
- HVAC system knowledge and system integrations with a basic knowledge of HVAC Components (VAV’s, Air-Handlers, Pumps, unit ventilators, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of BAS network design and communication protocols including BACnet based systems
- Knowledge of common network systems
- Prior programming experience - any familiarity with logical operations (PLC)
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments on schedule
- Ability to teach and coach team members as needed
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and GSuite
- Exposure to Autocad, Adobe Illustrator or other design tools
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
Bonus Points For:
- Background in HVAC Controls/Building Automation, Applications Engineering and DDC Programming.
- Working knowledge on sensor integrations, especially on market-leading companies such as Cree, Daintree, Lutron, Signify, Enlighted, Avuity, CoWorkr, VergeSense, Density, PointGrab, Wattstopper, HID, OpenPath
- Knowledge of the Siemens world or products on digital room automation or building security and access control (Siveillence)
- Advanced language skills (German, French, Spanish) which is especially helpful for 1:1 training sessions.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland just steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Frequent happy hours and lots and lots of snacks
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.