Comfy is a leading workplace app provider and a mission-driven team creating better connections between people, places, and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and have continually expanded our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, wayfinding, lighting, and building access. We’re reinventing the office experience through consumer products for employees and enterprise products that solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams.
About the job
You will be responsible for all technology supporting all business areas for Smart Infrastructure. You will be responsible for the maintenance and implementation of the full IT portfolio from Helpdesk to Data Administration, basic Network and System Administration. Part of this role includes processing, storing, transmitting and protecting information in the organization.
You will be responsible identifying opportunities for enhancing the Technology organizations capabilities to support and achieve overall business objectives. Successfully collaborates with various levels of the organization, including the executive team. Develops and oversees the execution of Technology strategy and roadmaps as it relates to architecture, software development and software delivery to maximize systems, applications and infrastructure quality and efficiency.
Responsible for the resolution of IT related issues using predetermined solutions and other technical resources within the IT organization. The role focuses on the repair and replacement of computer hardware and software, as well as end user support on technology needs.
- Provide general IT infrastructure, software and system support to end users through telephone, remote desktop support and in person.
- Resolve IT related issues in a timely manner and ensuring they are accurately logged in service management tools
- Manage issues to resolution within the IT support management systems.
- Improve support documentation and issue / solution database.
- Perform IT related administration functions including, but not limited to, the following: IT procurement within organizational guidelines; manage IT equipment inventory; account administration, and administer and participate in special projects as requested.
- Debug and correct software issues.
- Install new software and maintain and / or upgrade existing software.
- Evaluate and replace or repair hardware.
- Install and configure new hardware
- Resolve basic communication issues.
- Maintain procedures and solution documentation related to issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical Degree or Certification within the Information Technology space
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience working with executive and C-suite customers
- Outstanding organizational skills with good written skills and verbal skills
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and common desktop software including MS Office and the Windows OS
- Experience working with Office 365, Active Directory, and Windows
- Working knowledge of Network topologies, protocols and enterprise network equipment
- Understanding scripting to automate tasks (Powershell, Python, Bash, etc…)
- Basic Cloud Networking experience is a plus
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Proven ability and experience in executing strategic asset management processes successfully
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes, software and hardware
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to provide after-hours support when required
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel if necessary to other company locations
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Provide energy and inspiration. Have edge and passion.
- Ability to influence the adoption of new ideas or approaches.
- Ability to understand end-user needs and user experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Independent worker who proactively seeks to improve both self and work environment
- Persuasive with respect to conceiving, creating and delivering business cases to senior executives.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Cross-functional and cross-organizational collaboration.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
- Self-starter who is flexible and organized, able to handle competing priorities.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities