About Building Robotics
With Comfy and Enlighted integrating together to become Building Robotics, we believe we will be stronger than ever. With a larger team and greater resources available to us, you will have the ability to make a greater impact than ever before. And with a fresh blend of team members, we look forward to new ideas and innovative methods of thought.
We’re reshaping our organization and improving collaboration, enabling us to strengthen the market impact of our smart building strategy, as well as growing beyond buildings.
In parallel, we now see a new normal emerging in the marketplace. Our customers require greater speed, proximity and efficiency, which is achievable through a consolidated offering.
Unifying as one organization will allow us to improve our time-to-market, while offering end-to-end solutions with additional customer value. Through your active engagement you will play a key role in shaping the future of our company.
About the Role
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) this role is accountable for all SaaS operating business segments of the company including some overarching functions like Revenue Operations and Marketing/Communications.
This position provides the leadership, management, and vision to ensure we have the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively grow the organization, increase operating efficiency and maintain financial strength. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
It is essential that you are growth oriented and entrepreneurial. You to be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics
Big bonus if you have experience in Proptech and Real Estate with real startup or scaleup experience
Above all, you demonstrate expertise in our Leadership Competencies:
- Proactively Shapes the Future
- Embraces Digitalization & Innovation
- Inspirational Leadership
- Business Driven
What You Will Be Doing
This is a chance to be part of the management team with a startup mindset powered by a corporate environment that is disrupting not only the real estate industry and the way people work. A fast growing and highly skilled team that is building a great Proptech business that is digitizing and redefining commercial real estate processes and creating the user experience of the future.
The position has an emphasis on business development, operations, client relationships, customer success and marketing. We are looking for a mission-driven COO that will define business goals, execute the company’s vision and ensure that critical KPis and metrics of our fast paced scaleup are met.
You will need to navigate this work with strategic and analytic savvy, exceptional interpersonal skills and a knack for tuning into operational needs and turning them into actionable process improvements and operational visibility. You will need to be comfortable working in a matrixed role, equally comfortable taking a birds-eye view as well as being in the weeds, working seamlessly across a geographically distributed organization to coordinate key strategic initiatives and processes, support common understanding, develop process discipline, and ensure alignment.
- Take a SaaS product from single-digit millions in revenue to double-digit millions in revenue in the next 12 months.
- Champion the planning and directing of all aspects relating to sales, marketing and customer success.
- Define and execute on the business development plan within desired markets in alignment with company strategy.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Define “what good looks like” with regards to operating procedures, KPIs, OKRs, and goals for business development and account management and actively implement improvements.
- Make team productivity transparent, by building a data driven culture.
- Reduce client conversion time and optimize post sales and client onboarding processes.
- Provide real-time access to data and reports for management and other key functions who need data to succeed
- Set up all required processes for successful new market entries.
- Initiate strategic partnerships & relationships to drive growth.
- Develop a sustainable, yet performance-oriented culture.
- Attract, retain, & develop diverse talent.
What you will be enjoying
- A management role in a high-growth, ambitious proptech startup powered by a successful corporate
- A diverse leadership team who’s foundation is trust and willingness to support each other
- An opportunity to work with groundbreaking and disruptive new technologies
- Positioned in the biggest asset class of the world
- Full ownership and freedom to drive and innovate
- A team of talented and motivated individuals looking to change how real estate works.
- A competitive salary package
- A challenging opportunity to join a scaleup business on an extremely exciting trajectory.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Entrepreneur and executer.
- Powerful self-starter launching successful business teams from the ground up and develop them.
- Management experience in a technology startup or scaleup.
- Deal-closer and thought-leader with experience ideally in the SaaS and Proptech.
- Extroverted relationship builder, with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional technology knowledge and passion for innovation.
- Integrity, self-motivation and keen drive improvement.
- A strong passion for proptech, real estate, technology, data, and everything startup related
- Strong communication and influencing skills, fluency in English is a must, second language is a plus
- Understanding of business functions such as Marketing, Project Management, Sales, Customer Success etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Master’s degree in business or related field
- International business experience
- Experience in Hardware and Software Business (IoT)
Key Collaboration Groups
The Key Groups and Leaders you’ll need to consult and work closely with are:
- All other ELT Members and Direct Reports
- Customers and partners