Comfy is on a mission to enhance the workplace experience by connecting people, places, and things. Around the world, thousands of people use Comfy to personalize the way they work, creating productive, collaborative and flexible working spaces. With global reach through our parent company Siemens and a powerful ecosystem of technology partners, Comfy also gives businesses the insights they need to make informed decisions about their real estate portfolios. And as the world reconsiders the future of work, here at Comfy you’ll help support companies with a safe return to the workplace, while laying the foundations of long-term digital transformation for a new era of flexible working.
About the Role
Are you an expert at transitioning seamlessly from a technical discussion with an engineer to a consultative discussion with a C-level executive? Does solving problems for customers and finding both technical and business solutions come naturally to you?
As the Comfy Sales Engineer, you will be working in a highly customer-facing role, providing pre-sales support and guidance to customers. Collaborating with field sales teams to recommend and develop customer solutions. As the SE you will work in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the account team, customers, and internal Comfy/Siemens teams.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with customers and sales teams on solutions for customers.
- Deliver tailored technical and functional presentations and demonstrations to customer audiences, including technical, business up to and including C-Level executives.
- Support Pre-Sales workshops, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks
- Identify technical hurdles early in the sales cycle and work to overcome any objections using available resources.
- Assist in the functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs and be able to respond quickly.
- Aid in the development of new product demonstrations and environments.
- Provide Engineering and Product Management crucial customer feedback on the Comfy offerings.
- Contribute to the definition of the strategy for innovation and implementation of Pre-Sales development at Comfy/Siemens.
Your skills and experience
- You are a master at communicating across all levels of an organization to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demonstrations.
- Previously worked in the Pre-sales capacity in the SaaS industry
- Strong knowledge of the sales process and methodologies.
- Experience from earlier roles in enterprise IT or building IOT implementation.
- Working knowledge of contractual legal and security & privacy frameworks to win RFP’s
- Comfortable in creating high-quality technical Statement of Works (SOWs) with tight deadlines.
- Passion for excellence and high quality in the finished product; acute attention to detail.
- Ability to visually translate technology features and concepts into clear benefits or services instruction.
- Curiosity and willingness/desire to learn about different areas of technology.
Bonus Points For:
- Hands-on knowledge of integrating via BACnet / REST APIs, MQTT, OPC-DA, SSL configuration, IPv4/v6 networking configuration and highly secure networking principles and architectures.
- Working knowledge on sensor integrations, especially on market-leading companies such as Cree, Daintree, Lutron, Signify, Enlighted, Avuity, CoWorkr, VergeSense, Density, PointGrab, Wattstopper, HID, OpenPath
- Knowledge of the Siemens world or products on digital room automation or building security and access control (Siveillence)
- Advanced language skills (German, French, Spanish) which is especially helpful for 1:1 training sessions.
- Good knowledge of privacy frameworks such as GDPR/CCPA and security certifications (ISO27000, SOCII, etc.).
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse (Siemens)
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.