Comfy is a leading workplace app provider and a mission-driven team creating better connections between people, places, and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and have continually expanded our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, wayfinding, lighting, and building access. We’re reinventing the office experience through consumer products for employees and enterprise products that solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams.
Comfy is seeking a stellar Senior Product Designer to help us invent great product experiences that is radically improving the future of work in offices around the world.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll join Comfy’s User Experience Design & Research team and will have immediate, strategic impact on the experience of our products. You will bring our vision to life and help pave new directions for the company and the future of the office. You will work with a fast-paced and collaborative design team, PMs, and engineers on a product that enables people to get the most out of their distributed workplaces.
- You will be a leading voice in defining our employee facing mobile app — addressing difficult challenges with bold, holistic solutions that brings happiness and productivity to highly engaged and distributed employees of hundreds of companies globally.
- You’ll play a central role in leading problem solving and solutions in product strategy and across the company. Your design thinking skills will be a driver of change and innovation for the business.
- You’ll lead your own design projects from brief, research, and concept exploration through prototyping, visual design details, motion design, and stewardship through development.
- You'll help create unique digital experiences — refining and adding to our app’s UI including an innovative map interface and office IoT controls.
- You will organize and conduct user research and test prototypes to understand people’s needs and emotions and the resonance of our product—synthesizing the results to inspire empathy and bring clarity to the broader team.
- Within the first month at Comfy you'll see the results of your work in production, and you'll get to enjoy and iterate on the products you design in our office!
What You’ll Bring:
- You have demonstrated experience using design thinking expertise to solve complex problems with elegantly simple solutions to deliver experiences people love.
- You have proven experience designing for B2C consumer apps and can thoughtfully balance innovation with time to market.
- You obsess over crafting intuitive, discoverable, and delightful user flows, UI elements, icons, typography, and motion for apps that people will find engaging and memorable.
- You’re hungry to get things done and see results, and your passion for design is an inspiration to those around you.
- You’re a flexible self-starter that is able to adapt as a project evolves.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment of rapid iteration where we share our ideas, designs, inspiration, and constructive feedback. You’re excited to grow with the opportunities of a small but fast-growing team.
- You are verbally and visually persuasive, and you compellingly articulate your design decisions with your teammates as well as senior company leadership.
- You keep up with common patterns and design trends, and can constructively suggest modifications to what exists in our app today and apply that same thinking in the face of audacious challenges for a category-defining product.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of professional experience being hands-on shipping features on a mobile app
- Expertise in interaction design, user research and mobile prototyping in order to bring delight and engagement to a global user base
- Experience designing and collaborating with Engineers and Product Managers, shipping world-class product that delights users
- Experience leading user research, synthesizing results and effectively championing the results to the broader team
- Mastery of Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision or Figma and motion tools
- Working knowledge of how software is built with a clear understanding of the constraints and how to push them
Bonus Points For:
- You love data visualizations and thinking about how to convey compelling, insightful information to experts and novices alike.
- The belief that writing crisp, punchy copy is as important to design as the visuals.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior designers
- A passion for the user experience of the Internet of Things.
- You have experience driving data-driven design decision-making.
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART where we test out new technology and our own great software experiences every day.
- WFH Expense benefits and a caring HR team to ensure you are a part of the Comfy culture
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
- Apple hardware
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.