Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, lighting, and feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role:
As a Technical Project Manager you will deliver high quality, on-time implementation experiences for all customers. You will accomplish this through execution of an implementation plan for multiple, concurrent projects across all of our enterprise customers. As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for turning a contracted Statement of Work (SOW) into reality. You will manage an internal project team that consists of controls engineers and application engineers and work closely with other Comfy teams.
As a Technical Project Manager you will be the face of Comfy’s core product, both externally and often internally. You will work closely with customers and their internal teams and third-party vendors. To excel at this position, you will use your deep technical understanding of how Comfy works partnered with your ability to work closely with the customer to analyze and define the technical solution while managing project roadblocks and hurdles. Knowledge of a building’s mechanical and controls systems is also a huge plus.
Our team needs your innovative thinking and process building. You are not only open to new ideas but are actively generating them. As part of the Implementation Team you will constantly drive to improve product delivery and enhance customer value. You will understand how each of your customers thinks about the value of Comfy and assist them by handling any objections or obstacles that they may face during deployment.
In order to accomplish this you will always be planning, hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and uncompromising in meeting your commitments. You will recognize that delegation and resourceful execution are necessary to meet your ambitious objectives. You are able to leverage our current tools in place, but also have the ambition and innovation to bootstrap new tools as projects need them. Your persistent and enthusiastic pursuit of high standards will result in collaborative team efforts that push our standards for implementation processes forward and delight customers!
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and manage detailed project plans in consultation with stakeholders, including clients and staff.
- Assist in the definition of project scope, requirements and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordinate with cross discipline team members to manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals using appropriate tools and techniques
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors to ensure successful execution of project
- Own relationship with customer’s technical teams and serve as primary point of contact during implementation.
- Work with internal teams to create and package high-value, easy-to-use field tools (technical guides, training decks, demos, etc.).
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business, or a related field
- 3+ years of project management and related experience
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and GSuite
- Exposure to Autocad, Adobe Illustrator or other design tools
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
Bonus Points For:
- Working knowledge on sensor integrations, especially on market-leading companies such as Cree, Daintree, Lutron, Signify, Enlighted, Avuity, CoWorkr, VergeSense, Density, PointGrab, Wattstopper, HID, OpenPath
- Knowledge of the Siemens world or products on digital room automation or building security and access control (Siveillence)
- Advanced language skills (German, French, Spanish) which is especially helpful for 1:1 training sessions.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland just steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Frequent happy hours and lots and lots of snacks
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.