Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, lighting and feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer-facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone — from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role
Comfy is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help build the infrastructure that runs our next generation of our Comfy app. Having successfully deployed the first generation of our app--which provided end users with an intuitive way to control the temperature within their building, learning their preferences in the process--we are now well into the next generation, which extends into a range of IT, OT, and IoT use cases (including room booking, access control, wayfinding, and visitor management). We are also expanding into new regions to support our growing customer base.
As the complexity and scale of our app grows, we need experienced DevOps engineers to help us maintain and automate our day-to-day operations. We also need someone who understands and has experience in maintaining enterprise level application security compliance.
We're at the cutting-edge intersection of IoT and mobile apps, which means a lot of never-before-solved challenges around statefulness; cross-system synchronization; and redundancy. You'll be part of the brain-trust that our engineering and product leadership will rely on to advise us on what's possible, what's sensible, and what's simple. In order to do that, you'll need to have technical depth; systems thinking; and communication skills to evaluate trade-offs around performance, cost, reliability, and scale. This is the ideal role for someone who's ready to move their career to the next level in terms of technical influence and scope of impact.
- First and foremost you have experience managing environments with modern cloud infrastructure. You take pride in making sure these environments are reliable and available.
- You hate to do things manually more than once. Therefore you look for every opportunity to automate things; use of infrastructure as code and configuration management are second nature to you.
- You are hands on and you are intellectually curious. You learn by doing. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to debug and write code.
- You are a strong communicator and you value well articulated solutions by creating diagrams and well written documentations. You also understand that sometimes stakeholders and customers will look for your guidance and you’re not afraid to engage them when the situation calls for it.
- Agile development is second-nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily scrums, backlog grooming, sprint planning anm, and retros; you'll have a chance to provide input to improve our processes.
Your Skills and Experience
- Possess 2.5+ years of experience in a DevOps-like position.
- Experience in containers and container orchestration technologies.
- Experience in cloud services and infrastructure provisioning.
- Experience in Linux operating systems fundamentals and operations.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in configuring databases such as PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Experience in observability technologies to provide application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Experience in basic networking and security concepts such as DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS as well as practical knowledge such as reverse proxy, load balancer, and firewall configurations.
- You have a basic knowledge of software development fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
Bonus Points For:
- Hold an advanced degree in Computer Science or have equivalent experience.
- Experience working with third-party / IoT integrations.
- Experience operating enterprise SaaS products.
Technologies We Use: