Founded in 2012, Comfy is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in Oakland, California, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
About the Role
As a Technical Project Manager, you will partner closely with the technical lead of each project to make sure that the priorities, risks, resources, and schedule are managed well and adjusted when necessary. You will use your solid technical background and your prioritization skills to guide team conversations about the scope of the work being done and potential paths. Your strong communication skills will help keep everyone on the same page and make sure everyone is heard.
Specifically you will:
- Manage team projects end-end from concept to completion
- Build strong relationships with engineering teams; running multiple concurrent projects with separate stakeholders simultaneously; cultivating relationships across engineering and product teams while serving directly as the end-to- end liaison in software development
- Create key project artifacts, outlining technical specifications, roadmaps, objectives, milestones and blockers, driving high profile projects from start to finish
- Aid in prioritization of required engineering work for high visibility initiatives and projects
- Take Initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward, accurately forecasting risks and mitigating exposure to accomplishing projects
- Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning.
- Facilitate creation and prioritization of program-level features and backlogs
- Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them, create strategic plans and decks oriented to deliver overall technology project goals to all stakeholders
- Serve as the owner, primary point of contact for product and engineering teams, identifying and resolving roadblocks which could delay project deliverables
- Facilitate planning events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams, including story mapping, assigning of tickets, strategic planning sessions and scrum of scrums
- Work with our distributed teams( East Coast and Offshore)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- Certified Scrum Master qualification from reputed organization: CSM from Scrum Alliance, SAFe Certified Scrum Master or ACP from PMI
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager (formal project management training is advantageous)
- Ability to tackle difficult issues and handle strong personalities
- Ability to work and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Must excel at decision making, conflict management
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Outstanding, proactive communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities and collaborate effectively within a program team
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Project Manager, Project Manager or Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying
- Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile project management in a hands-on role.
- Knowledge of approaches in the Agile space: Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.
Nice to Have
- 3+ years of hands on experience on Jira and Central; collaboration tools including Wiki and Google docs
- SAFe certification is a plus
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events, and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.