Comfy is a leading workplace app provider and a mission-driven team creating better connections between people, places, and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and have continually expanded our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, wayfinding, lighting, and building access. We’re reinventing the office experience through consumer products for employees and enterprise products that solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams.
Comfy is seeking a stellar Senior Product Designer to help us invent great product experiences that is radically improving the future of work in offices around the world.
About the Role:
As the Director of Platform Engineering, you will join a fast-growing team of professionals committed to delivering the highest service quality to our enterprise customers. The goal of this role is to ensure that Comfy achieves and exceeds its targets for service quality taking ownership for two primary areas:
- Building out our integration platform, which is our SDK which enables external developers to integrate into our core Comfy platform and extend our functionality.
- Provide vision and leadership on our long term strategy for our service oriented architecture
Specifically you will:
- Oversee the day to day development of our SDK, providing guidance and driving the construction of an enterprise grade REST API.
- Help coordinate projects relating to the long term roadmap for the Comfy engineering organization
- While you’re a seasoned manager, you can still jump in to do a code review or do some pair-programming whenever needed. In fact, you eagerly seek out those opportunities.
- You are not only comfortable working in an agile environment, but obsessed with how you can make it better. You care about performance, reliability and safety; and always consider tradeoffs when engineering a feature, especially with regards to scalability.
- You have strong executive presence and love to work cross-functionally. You are adept at managing diverse stakeholders, and are able to effectively balance competing priorities.
- You can inspire an organization full of smart engineers. You see things from a different angle; you have ideas we’ve never thought of; and your empathy, curiosity or sensitivity is infectious.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 3/4 years experience in a managerial role, overseeing at least 5 people
- Python or Go experience desired but not required
- Experience working with remote development teams (especially timezone offset) a huge plus.
- Candidate must have been involved in the construction of a service oriented, or microservices, architecture - this will be one of the primary questions that comes up in an interview.
- Experience overseeing the productionisation of a public facing API (preferably REST) also a plus
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART where we test out new technology and our own great software experiences every day.
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.