Comfy is on a mission to enhance the workplace experience by connecting people, places, and things. Around the world, thousands of people use Comfy to personalize the way they work, creating productive, collaborative and flexible working spaces. With global reach through our parent company Siemens and a powerful ecosystem of technology partners, Comfy also gives businesses the insights they need to make informed decisions about their real estate portfolios. And as the world reconsiders the future of work, here at Comfy you’ll help support companies with a safe return to the workplace, while laying the foundations of long-term digital transformation for a new era of flexible working.
Comfy is seeking a stellar Director of Cloud Operations to take our enterprise support organization to the next level.
About the Role
As the Director of Cloud Operations, you will join a fast-growing team of professionals committed to delivering the highest service quality to our enterprise customers. The goal of this role is to ensure that Comfy achieves and exceeds its targets for service quality taking ownership for two primary areas:
- Cloud Infrastructure: as the lead of the team of cloud architects and engineers, you will ensure we design our service to meet and exceed our requirements for security, confidentiality, and availability; including building plans for security frameworks such SOCII and ISO 27001.
- Site Reliability engineering: you will develop and implement a strategy SRE within Comfy, to ensure we meet and exceed our customers' quality expectations including delivering support to customer (Level 2) issues as well as proactively detecting and addressing problems.
Specifically you will:
- You'll lead our infrastructure team, which builds and operates the environments for Comfy within AWS and Azure.
- You'll play a central role in designing and developing our cloud architecture, including driving our technology roadmap.
- You'll take ownership of audit preparation for Comfy against the SOC2 standard.
- You'll be a champion of product security within the engineering organization, raising the bar and helping to ensure we have a culture of "secure by design" products.
- Working in concert with the Director of Quality, you'll put in place sustainable, scalable processes and tools to ensure that Comfy meets our customer's expectations for reliability once deployed at their sites.
- 5+ years experience managing production cloud infrastructure.
- A deep understanding of cloud architecture and design.
- Hands-on experience building high-performance teams.
- Experience running on-call and L2 support rotations.
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events, and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.