Comfy is on a mission to enhance the workplace experience by connecting people, places, and things. Around the world, thousands of people use Comfy to personalize the way they work, creating productive, collaborative and flexible working spaces. With global reach through our parent company Siemens and a powerful ecosystem of technology partners, Comfy also gives businesses the insights they need to make informed decisions about their real estate portfolios. And as the world reconsiders the future of work, here at Comfy you’ll help support companies with a safe return to the workplace, while laying the foundations of long-term digital transformation for a new era of flexible working.
About the Role
Are you an expert at transitioning seamlessly from a technical discussion with an engineer to a consultative discussion with a C-level executive? Does solving problems for customers and finding both technical and business solutions come naturally to you? How about the ability to create and deliver and manage scalable global programs?
We are looking for the right expert to join the Solution Engineering team. This unique position in Comfy/Siemens is a hybrid role that is part Solutions Architect and part Enablement/Training.
The goal of the Solution Engineering “Center Of Excellence” (COE) is to both Design and Deliver world-class client solutions, by being the “go- to” experts on the Comfy suite of products, but also to empower/train Sales Engineers across all areas of the company/disciplines to also create and deliver world-class Comfy Solutions.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with customers and sales teams on solutions for customers.
- Deliver tailored technical and functional presentations and demonstrations to customer audiences, including technical, business up to and including C-Level executives.
- Own functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs and be able to respond quickly and gather feedback from product and engineering teams when necessary.
- Identify technical hurdles early in the sales cycle and work to overcome any objections using available resources.
- Provide Engineering, Product Management, and other teams information, presentations, demos, or other crucial customer feedback for our offerings.
- Technically qualify new solutions by preparing for, and ensuring smooth deployments
- Work with internal teams to create and package high-value, easy-to-use field tools (technical guides, training decks, demos, etc.).
- Empower and train the extended Siemens Solutions Architecture teams on Comfy technology by delivering seminars and 1:1 training sessions.
- Collect feedback from global stakeholders and internal field organizations on the effectiveness of tools/programs and continuously work to improve the quality of content, format, and delivery worldwide.
- Contribute to the definition of the strategy for innovation and implementation of Pre-Sales development at Comfy/Siemens.
- Support Pre-Sales workshops, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks
- See-through complex solution-engagements to prospects by supporting internal and external teams.
Your Skills and Experience
- You are a master at communicating across all levels of an organization to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demonstrations.
- Technical customer-facing Pre-Sales and training roles in a SaaS B2B2C business and are comfortable with both delivering and building programs and materials.
- Strong experience from earlier roles in enterprise IT or building IOT implementation.
- Working knowledge of contractual legal and security & privacy frameworks to win RFP’s
- Comfortable in creating high-quality technical Statement of Works (SOWs) with tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with little definition and without supervision while multitasking and prioritizing across a number of projects and initiatives.
- Passion for excellence and high quality in the finished product; acute attention to detail.
- Ability to visually translate technology features and concepts into clear benefits or services instruction.
- Process centric mindset. Establish and deliver processes to allow the team and company to scale across the entire Siemens ecosystem.
- Experience leading front of the room Pre-Sales training.
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprise.
- Curiosity and willingness/desire to learn about different areas of technology.
Bonus Points For:
- Hands-on knowledge of integrating via BACnet / REST APIs, MQTT, OPC-DA, SSL configuration, IPv4/v6 networking configuration and highly secure networking principles and architectures.
- Working knowledge on sensor integrations, especially on market-leading companies such as Cree, Daintree, Lutron, Signify, Enlighted, Avuity, CoWorkr, VergeSense, Density, PointGrab, Wattstopper, HID, OpenPath
- Knowledge of the Siemens world or products on digital room automation or building security and access control (Siveillence)
- Advanced language skills (German, French, Spanish) which is especially helpful for 1:1 training sessions.
- Good knowledge of privacy frameworks such as GDPR/CCPA and security certifications (ISO27000, SOCII, etc.).
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.