Comfy is on a mission to enhance the workplace experience by connecting people, places, and things. Around the world, thousands of people use Comfy to personalize the way they work, creating productive, collaborative and flexible working spaces. With global reach through our parent company Siemens and a powerful ecosystem of technology partners, Comfy also gives businesses the insights they need to make informed decisions about their real estate portfolios. And as the world reconsiders the future of work, here at Comfy you’ll help support companies with a safe return to the workplace, while laying the foundations of long-term digital transformation for a new era of flexible working.
About the Role
Comfy is looking to grow our Sales Operations team with a Sales Operations Specialist who will drive consistent and scalable order to cash processes. This individual contributor role will work across sales, finance, and other go-to-market teams within the global Siemens organization to ensure proper and timely order management as well as establishing long-term processes and tools. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Specifically you will:
- Review customer orders and check consistency and completeness in cooperation with all involved stakeholders on both the customer side and Comfy sales or project management organization.
- Assist customers with processing and completing orders, canceling and editing order information, reviewing and approving customer purchase orders, and payment completion.
- Enter sales orders upon receipt of purchase orders for custom products, review the order to ensure accuracy and submit order acknowledgment to the customer.
- Report any issues customers encounter through the ordering/payment process and work with internal operations teams to improve the order process.
- Engage in frequent interaction with sales, finance, and commercial operations teams to assist with questions, process improvements, and complex sales flow.
- Support centralized data and resources across Comfy and Siemens sales and operations teams
- Contribute to various day-to-day activities and manage projects within the commercial operations and other departments as needed.
- Maintain customer files including sales contracts and other information.
- Initiate sales orders / purchase orders to vendors according to customers' requirements.
- Work with Comfy project managers to confirm scope and document any modifications based on implementation process.
- Confirm appropriate discount rates applied at time of sale based on channel, volume, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/technical field
- 2+ years in sales operations or marketing operations
- Salesforce.com reporting and administration experience a plus
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with Excel is required
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent customer relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment with shifting and often conflicting priorities and demands
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving record
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events, and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
- Great opportunity for professional development
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.