Since 2012, Comfy has been striving to enhance amazing workplaces, not just for those experiencing them, but for those who design them as well. We started with temperature and have since expanded to room and desk booking with space efficiency analytics - and we are only getting started. Since our acquisition by Siemens, we truly have the best of both worlds. We are able to grow, change and adapt rapidly like a startup. Never the type to shy away from a challenge, we are on a mission to empower employees to thrive in their modern workplace by seamlessly connecting them to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Solution Deployment Manager to help us deploy our solution at scale. You will lead a team of project managers and integration engineers, both locally in our Center of Excellence in Oakland, CA, as well as an extended team of Siemens engineers globally. You come from a strong technical management background and are an expert in applying agile working and lean methodologies to reduce waiting time and optimize project outcome in a range of diverse projects globally. You generally operate at the big picture level, but you have enough attention to detail and show a deep understanding of the value our solution bring to our customers.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead and coordinate a local (and global) team of Program/Project Managers and Integration Engineers
- Manage resource allocation for the solutions team together with the program manager
- Train and coach program and project managers on core project management competencies: scope definition and alignment with stakeholders, managing dependencies, setting timelines, ensuring work progresses, communication, risk management
- Foster tenacity and team spirit by ensuring strong team and cross-functional collaboration
- Work with product management and engineering teams to optimize the product for faster roll-out
- Develop new processes based on lean methodologies to optimize value creation and drive creation of simpler, more productive processes
- Support and in some cases drive overall go-to-market strategy with the global Siemens team
- Ensure that all legal and other customer pre-requisites are in place and issue late fees.
- Create a “Center of Excellence” (setting best project management practice, standards, developing process for new feature deployment etc.)
- Creating processes to integrate Siemens professional services organization
- Create and track project plans, hands-on involved with customer projects where needed
- Work with customers to educate them on the implementation process, gather requirements, manage roadblocks, and test final solution
- Assign internal project resources and team members to project and track progress
- Conduct post-project evaluations
This position reports to the VP of Solutions, and requires experience with budgetary planning, setting rules and performance guidelines for the team.
- 8+ years experience in leading technical projects, preferably in the B2B2C space.
- BA in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with managing globally distributed teams, including offshore team
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel to client sites
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of managing technical deployments from scratch, including process definition, milestone setting, standardized progress reporting and exception / project escalation handling
- Strong competency and experience using tools and processes to drive simplicity and productivity
- Experienced with tools such as Salesforce (for sales and deployment reporting), Jira (for working with engineering), ServiceCloud (for working with support), and related tools such as Airtable.
Bonus Points For:
- Master's degree or post-bachelor's certificate / professional credentials not required
- Deep experience in Lean and/or agile methodologies (VSM, Scrum, Visual Management, Kanban, PDCA) - and you have heard about Muda, Mura, and Muri
- Experience leading large-scale international software rollouts
- Advanced language skills (German, French, Spanish)
- B2B proposal and business case writing, B2C user experience engagement
- Experience with IoT solutions, security and system architectures / network connectivity paradigms
- Knowledge of sensor companies such as Cree, Daintree, Lutron, Signify, Enlighted, Avuity, CoWorkr, VergeSense, Density, PointGrab, Wattstopper, HID