Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We’re developing a new category, where smart building tech meets commercial real estate meets consumer apps: the workplace experience app. Comfy creates amazing workplace experiences through a consumer facing app for employees and solves real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Our app gives employees greater control over their workplace, including room and desk booking, lighting and temperature control, and feedback. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role
The Data Analyst will be a member of the Customer Success analytics group working with the Customer Success Business Analyst to help us make better business decisions with data. This role will have a two part focus:
- Provide customer level analytics for custom KPIs and general analytics not included in Insights.
- Create Comfy analytics on overall engagement with customers, feature use, revenue metrics, etc. to measure and improve customer and Customer Success performance.
This is an opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic area, with huge opportunity for learning. Your passion for formulating hypotheses about a variety of questions from our customer success, product teams and buyers, and ability to test them will be critical. If you love making sense of massive datasets, and also want the opportunity to shape how it is used in driving business value, then this is the role for you.
This position involves exploring the insights present in our data and explaining their relevance to stakeholders in a way that is comprehensible and actionable. You will define and report on key metrics and analyze customer behaviors in order to help optimize our products, content, and value propositions. Excellent technical and communication skills are essential to generate meaningful insights and access information across a variety of data sources. The ideal candidate understands and is good at business, analytics and technology.
- You are a key contributor to the customer success team, with a close relationship and partnership with product and engineering as part of our Data Analytics cross collaborative team.
- You confidently measure the impact of product decisions and changes
- You love to create dashboards, reports, and analyses that explain what happened and why
- Identifying, understanding, and integrating various data sources in collaboration with product and engineering teams is second nature to you
- Bring together and monitor disparate data systems (Mixpanel, Comfy Database, Salesforce, etc.)
- Deliver analytics and KPIs on key feature functionality within Comfy products
- Deliver analytics and KPIs for custom customer work
- Bring together actions and revenue generating activities
- Generate new ideas for product and liaison with the data analytics team
- Undergraduate degree a must. Advanced degree in Computer Science, Operation Research, Applied Mathematics, Economics, or a quantitative discipline is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in an analyst role for a SaaS product. Quantitative real estate or workplace planning experience is a plus
- 2+ years work experience analyzing datasets with SQL is critical (PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL). Experience with analytics packages like R, Python or other packages also a plus or business intelligence (BI) tools.
- Analytical excellence - experience with running business analytics for customer facing organization
- Communication - delivering presentations to Customer Success, our Go-To-Market tem, and Comfy and/or Siemens executives.
- Collaborate - work with Customer Success Managers, Support, Product, and Engineering. No lone wolves.
- Continuous improvement - Constantly thinking about how to be better and a desire to seek out feedback for improvement
- Grit - Know when to buckle down
- Tenacious - Don’t take no for an answer. You are a problem solver.
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.