Founded in 2012, Comfy is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in Oakland, California, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
About the Role
The Senior Mobile Quality Engineer will work within an agile, cross-functional scrum team to deliver high-quality software. This includes collaboration on requirements/design, writing test cases, manual testing of new features, and writing and maintaining automated regression tests for web based and mobile applications.
Specifically you will:
- Write and execute test cases both manual and automated for mobile and web based applications.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and engineering as part of Agile team.
- Be a voice of automation-focused QA culture
- Daily triage of failed automation tests and report issues in bug tracking system as appropriate
- Maintain existing automation tests cases and automation frameworks built using Appium, Java, Selenium 3 Web driver, TestNG, Maven and BrowserStack
- Assist in identifying and implementing ongoing quality improvement processes.
- Work closely with a globally distributed team of SDETs and developers on the design and specification of features
- Triage production issues when needed.
- Ascertain release readiness and improve the release process.
Your Skills and Experience:
- You are passionate about mobile and have extensive knowledge about mobile platforms, especially iOS and Android
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of experience conducting feature, regression, and exploratory testing of hybrid, native mobile applications on iOS, Android; and browser-based applications
- Knowledge of the Apple or Android family of mobile devices
- Familiarity with Xcode and Android SDK
- Experience using various tools to gather crash logs, console output and network traffic logs
- 2+ years of exp in writing automation tests utilizing Appium Server, Selenium WebDriver 3, Java, TestNG, Maven and BrowserStack
- Utilized Appium Server & Xcode 9.3 for iOS Automation, Android Studio & UiAutomatorViewer for Android Automation
- Knowledge of HTML5, JS, CSS and Python
- Experience in using Jenkins, Selenium, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with test management tools such as Test Rail
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Strong communication skills and ability to follow instructions
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of Cordova framework
- Knowledge of web services and how to test them
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events, and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.