Since 2012, Comfy has been striving to enhance amazing workplaces, not just for those experiencing them, but for those who design them as well. We started with temperature and have since expanded to room and desk booking with space efficiency analytics - and we are only getting started. Since our acquisition by Siemens, we truly have the best of both worlds. We are able to grow, change and adapt rapidly like a startup. Never the type to shy away from a challenge, we are on a mission to empower employees to thrive in their modern workplace by seamlessly connecting them to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Solution Engineering to help us scale our technical team. You will lead a small team of solution experts and work with sales, product management, and engineering to achieve sales and revenue goals, evaluate technical requirements of new sales opportunities, design and develop solutions to meet the needs of our customers, including bespoke professional services required. Our product is B2B2C and you’ll be a leader for all that we do to build new solution designs for a best-in-class workspace for our customers. You will also be deeply involved in responding to RFPs and RFIs, creating proposals that should set themselves apart with professional content, appearance and attention to detail and show a deep understanding of the value our solutions bring to our customers.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead and coordinate a local (and wider global Siemens) team of Solution Engineers and Architects
- Closely aligned with Sales to define and build standard solutions and documentation
- Cooperates with sales, marketing, product management, and project management in matters of strategic and tactical product and service positioning and plan the portfolio development of strategic customer accounts
- Participate in sales calls and prospect meetings, provide product demonstrations and work with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how Comfy’s solutions create value through user experience and operational savings
- Ensure high quality for RFP / RFI responses, with attention to detail, subject matter expertise for correctness, and sensitivity to customer concerns and how to address them
- Contribute technical responses to the RFP/RFIs and support contract negotiations
- Train global teams through pre-sales workshops, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks
- Participate in issue triage and prioritization efforts with sales, customer success, product and engineering
- Mentor the team with your experience in IT solution architecture and enterprise deals.
- Negotiate with product management and engineering team on technical pre-requisites for solutions for be deployed, with both strategic and tactical service positioning
- Support post-sales technical solution development and standardization
- Develop and propose pre-sales budgets and forecasts aligned with sales
- Create regular reports on upcoming solution required for sales pipelines
- Drive continuous improvements to operating model, product vision, go-to-market, and technical strategies
This position reports to the VP of Solutions, and requires experience with budgetary planning, setting rules and performance guidelines for the team.
You held customer facing pre-sales roles in the past, preferable in a SaaS B2B2C business, and you don’t shy away from rolling up sleeves and do whatever it takes while also feeling comfortable interacting with senior customer contacts while keeping a strong sense of priorities, time management and attention to detail. You have a solid technical background, especially around enterprise IT, security and privacy, and understand typical legal framework concepts that are used to win RFPs with large enterprise clients.
You are passionate about your role and you can demonstrate high emotional intelligence in all that you do. You are seen as a trusted advisor, both internally as well with customers, and you hold yourself and others accountable to high professional standards. You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex technical solutions with few words or drawing architectures on white boards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years enterprise IT experience that may include hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems architecture, technical project management or similar.
- 3+ years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role, preferably with SaaS software in the B2B2C space.
- BA in Computer Science or Engineering, Master of Science preferred
- Experience working with sales and responding to complex RFP/RFIs under tight deadlines
- Experience leading a globally distributed teams in global environments
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel to client sites
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Excellent analytical and conceptional skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Good technical knowledge in web applications, mobile and security environments. Deep knowledge of web services, API/SDK integrations and related standards such as RESTful APIs.
- Good working knowledge on data security and privacy topics, including secure authentication/ authorization methods, network security, data transfer methods, OSI computer networking model
Bonus Points For:
- Solution architecture in heavily SaaS, PaaS or IaaS businesses
- Experience leading large-scale international solution architectures rollouts
- Advanced language skills (German, French, Spanish)
- Experiences representing companies at trade show and conferences
- Good knowledge of legal concepts and contractual frameworks
- Good knowledge of privacy (GDPR) frameworks and security certifications (ISO27000, SOCII etc)
- B2B proposal and business case writing, B2C user experience engagement
- Experience with IoT solutions, security and system architectures / network connectivity paradigms
- Knowledge of common sensor companies such as Cree, Daintree, Lutron, Signify, Enlighted, Avuity, CoWorkr, VergeSense, Density, PointGrab, Wattstopper, HID