Founded in 2012, Comfy is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in Oakland, California, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
About the Role
We are looking for a Scrum Master to lead agile scrum ceremonies, facilitate user story refinement and manage administrative responsibilities. As the Scrum Master, you will help with team organization and ensure that teams are kept on track with PI commitments.
You will facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, story estimation, sprint review, and demo. In this role you will collaborate with Product Managers, Development, Quality Assurance, and others in support of moving deliverables.
This position may require flexibility to work with distributed teams.
Specifically you will:
Coach team members using Agile Principles to help team mature in agile process
Work with product owner to ensure a well-groomed Product Backlog for the teams to ensure long term work visibility is maintained
Make recommendations on the improvement of processes/tools and help establishing an Agile COE
Track sprint status and maintain meticulous records (schedule, capacity, dependencies, issues, risks,)
Provide support to PMO management for PI planning activities
- 5+ years of experience managing technology projects; using Agile methodology.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Scrum Master with multiple teams
- 3+ years of hands on experience on Jira and Central; collaboration tools including Wiki and Google docs
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Experience leading one or more Agile scrum team(s) following the defined Agile methodologies
Comfortable facilitating discussion and conflict resolution
Outstanding, proactive communication skills – written and verbal
Proven ability to influence agile habits of team members to increase team performance at a sustainable pace
Experience organizing effective teams and building necessary collaborations with business stakeholders, operations and implementation teams
Experience facilitating cross team collaboration with the internal teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes with respect to production issues
Proven ability to influence Product Development and Management teams to improve product features and supportability of a product offering by identifying problems and suggesting and/or driving implementation of fixes or features
Experience measuring team sprint success by using standard sprint metrics and drive team efficiency and productivity improvement through data points
- Advanced knowledge of agile team metrics includes burn-down chart, capacity plan, sprint goal mapping, success radiator etc.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities and collaborate effectively within a program team
Nice to Have
- Certified Scrum Master qualification from reputed organization: CSM from Scrum Alliance, SAFe Certified Scrum Master or ACP from PM
- SAFe certified
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events, and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.