Founded in 2012, Comfy is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in Oakland, California, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
About the Role
The Customer Support Representative is committed to service, and ensures our clients have a successful experience by helping customers get the best out of Comfy products and solutions. The Support team resolves product and service issues with an eye towards creating customer promoters. Support Representatives play a vital role in increasing customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
Specifically you will:
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve all customer reported issues leading to improved application end user engagement, creating engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Escalate customer issues to responsible internal parties
- Collaborate with internal teams to track escalated issues and feature requests, and serve as the voice of the customer.
- Identify trends and patterns from customer inquiries, inject positive change across the business with creative tools to aid customers, such as more effective self-help on our help desk
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of our products and any new products as they are developed, and represent Support in the development and launch of new features
- Help develop Support procedures, policies and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer support actions and discussions
- Compile and analyze data and provide accurate reports to customers and internal stakeholders as needed
- Keep up to date on industry developments and support function best practices to areas of improvement
- Meet both qualitative and quantitative metrics for support responses to customers
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
Are you committed to doing the ‘right thing’ and delivering amazing service to customers and co-workers? Do you delight in solving problems for customers and making their success your mission? Are you a tenacious learner, ready to join a SaaS in the Workplace Experience industry? If yes, then we want to talk with you about a role on our new Comfy Support team. You, the Customer Support Representative, are excellent at communicating with people of all levels and backgrounds, and can empathize with even the most unhappy customer. You will have the opportunity to do meaningful work understanding and resolving customer reported issues, and bugs, and feature requests. You will be part of a smart generous high trust team that delivers results. As part of a small SaaS developer shop (backed by the 170+ year old German Company Siemens) you will get the opportunity to escalate bugs with Dev teams, learn agile and scrum methodology with program managers, support QA, as well as help our talented CSM’s deliver the best experience possible for our named accounts. This role will give you an opportunity to learn our product from the ground up and begin your career in SaaS.
- Above all, you have the ability to empathize with customers and teammates,
- You have a passion for helping customers succeed by delivering results, exceeding expectations, and a keen analytical mind for troubleshooting issues.
- You have a BA/BS degree or 2+ years experience in a customer-facing support role.
- You are a tenacious learner, with a ‘never stops improving’ approach.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to write and curate content for a customer facing knowledge base.
- You have a sense of humor and optimism, and are a collaborative team player.
- You are a self-motivated who can juggle multiple high priority issues and ensure no issues fall through the cracks.
- Professional experience working with Salesforce or other Ticketing Systems
Must have at least 3 of the skills below
- Knowledge of HVAC Systems, Controls Integration, and Building Management Systems
- German Speaker
- Experience in a scrappy “deliver results” startup environment.
- 2 years experience in a customer-facing support role.
- You can explain how API’s work
- Experience writing SQL queries
- 1+ year experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment.
- Graduate of a Code School Program (Code Academy, Coding Dojo etc.)
- You understand what 127.000.000 means and how to perform a trace-route.
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.