Comfy is on a mission to enhance the workplace experience by connecting people, places, and things. Around the world, thousands of people use Comfy to personalize the way they work, creating productive, collaborative and flexible working spaces. With global reach through our parent company Siemens and a powerful ecosystem of technology partners, Comfy also gives businesses the insights they need to make informed decisions about their real estate portfolios. And as the world reconsiders the future of work, here at Comfy you’ll help support companies with a safe return to the workplace, while laying the foundations of long-term digital transformation for a new era of flexible working.
About the Role
Comfy is looking for an experienced and passionate leader to oversee our Engineering department. The VP of Engineering is in charge of building and organizing the engineering teams which executes on the product roadmap, helping our customers delight their employees while giving them the data they need to optimize workspaces all over the world.
Specifically you will:
- Build scalable processes for delivering Comfy, within an Agile/DevOps environment
- Structure teams and interactions to minimize friction and maximize clarity
- Build career tracks for Comfy engineers-- making Comfy a great place to be an engineer!
- Work with leaders across Comfy to come up with creative solutions for our clients
- Drive technical excellence across our product lines
- Assist with planning and executing on our product roadmap while ensuring we are still taking into account updates and maintenance to our systems
- Work with stakeholders across the company and on the executive team to ensure that engineering is moving in lockstep with the business
- Build relationships across the Siemens organization to create opportunities for our team and integrate Comfy deeply into the Siemens technology stack.
- Hands-on experience managing multiple teams, including remote and offshore teams with 50+ members
- You have lots of knowledge on how to build great deployments and infrastructure
- You are a team-building powerhouse that drives quality and predictability
- You are passionate about making your team better and creating an environment of learning
Bonus Points For
- Experience working in a compliant/SOCII environment
- Experience working cross-functionally to serve demanding enterprise customers.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.