Since 2012, Comfy has been striving to enhance amazing workplaces, not just for those experiencing them, but for those who design them as well. We started with temperature and have since expanded to room booking, resource allocation and analytics - and we are only getting started. Since our acquisition by Siemens, we truly have the best of both worlds scenario. We are now backed by one of the most successful businesses in the world, but able to grow, change and adapt rapidly like a start up. Never the type to shy away from a challenge, we are on a mission to empower employees to thrive in their modern workplace by seamlessly connecting them to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Product Management to build our fast-growing workplace solution that sits at the intersection of mobile apps, IoT, and machine learning. Having successfully deployed the first generation of our app - which provided end users with an intuitive way to control temperature or lighting within their office - we are now well into the second generation of our app, which extends into a range of IT, OT, and IoT use cases (including room booking, access control, wayfinding, and visitor management).
As we begin to touch multiple stakeholders within the organization and scale our product across a growing partner ecosystem, we are looking for someone who is technically grounded with strong business intuition to lead our Product Management team and influence our future growth trajectory.
Our product is B2B2C, and you’ll be the leader for all that we do to build the next generation of a best-in-class workplace (and beyond!) solution.
Specifically, you will:
- Own the Comfy product portfolio vision, product roadmap, pricing and profitability that will grow our revenue streams across existing and prospective verticals and expansion areas.
- Coordinate and review the adoption matrix and user research generated by the teams to drive insights to build a distinct and continuously evolving B2B2C application with high user adoption.
- Lead a cross-functional matrix for effective decision making across Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, Design and Marketing.
- Lead a team of experienced product managers in the development of shared roadmap priorities and a collaborative approach to delivery.
- Build a culture of trust, growth, innovation, and customer success. Hire, retain and groom the next generation of product management leaders on your team.
- Leverage global Siemens Product teams to deliver a best-in-class solution for worldwide distribution.
- Serve as a thought leader for workspace/iOT/Smart Buildings and as a champion for the Comfy solution both internally and externally.
- Grow market awareness and global product market fit for Comfy by leveraging our partner ecosystem network.
- Previously served as the executive product leader for a rapidly growing SaaS software solution.
- Excited about thinking big-picture strategy, but are also willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes, including participating in daily stand-ups and advising on priorities across engineering and other teams.
- Have strong executive presence but can also serve as a trusted advisor across multiple layers within the organization, both internally and with customers.
- Have excellent communication skills making complex technical concepts/solutions easy to grasp.
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs.
- Exhibit passion that elevates and inspires when leading onshore and offshore teams including hiring, managing performance and developing skill sets across the product management team and the wider organization.
- Demonstrate high emotional intelligence in all that you do.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years of experience working with SaaS software and related technologies in a high-growth business, including in the B2B2C space.
- 10+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience, with 5+ years of experience as a people manager.
- BA/BS in Business Management, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with agile development and working with globally distributed teams.
- Experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights, and design experimentation. Strong UI/UX experience and sensibilities.
- Experience with taking products to market globally using distributed teams.
- Experience with building out partner ecosystems and/or developer communities for a SaaS platform, including the API strategy required for such an ecosystem to be successful.
- Have successfully taken an early-stage product to market, creating a new category in the process. Thinking about demand generation, product evangelism and launch plans is second nature.
- Strong technology background, relish deep-dive conversations with the CIO/CTO whether it relates to cyber-security, machine learning, big data analytics, or other emerging frontiers. Understand how IT buyers think and how to influence their decisions, but can also effectively engage with business owners during a complex sales process.
- Have experience at both early stage startups and global enterprise organizations.
Bonus Points For:
- Master of Science or Business, or PhD.
- B2C experience in value proposition building with high consumer engagement
- Engineering background or software development experience.
- Experience with online building management applications and knowledge of building management solutions and sensors from companies such as Cree, Daintree, Lutron, Signify, Enlighted, Avuity, CoWorkr, VergeSense, Density, PointGrab, Wattstopper, HID.
- Experience with IoT solutions, including sensor integration, IoT security, and connectivity paradigms.
- Experience with large-scale localization and internationalization.
- Experience founding/co-founding a startup.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.