Founded in 2012, Comfy is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in Oakland, California, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
About the Role
Comfy is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help scale our product and accelerate development while ensuring we deliver a secure, stable service. You'll own our CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, alerting and logging systems and developer experience, driving us towards more efficient work, performant systems and higher visibility. You'll be a hero to your coworkers for automating their work and removing obstacles.
- You can't wait to dig into our unique, complex infrastructure and get your head around how it all fits together and how you can make it sing in tune.
- You learn new concepts, technologies and programming paradigms quickly.
- You love Linux, are proficient with POSIX and understand Ubuntu.
- You've been building systems for 3+ years and are excited to explain what you've worked on.
- You care about reliability and safety and consider tradeoffs when engineering a feature.
- You love to work cross-functionally, manage stakeholders, and balance competing priorities.
- You’re what we’ve been missing: you see things from a different angle, you have ideas we’ve never thought of and your empathy, curiosity or sensitivity is infectious.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience in a production environment
- Knowledge of deployment and developer workflow using Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience in Linux environments, especially networking technologies such as iptables and OpenVPN
- Deployment, logging, monitoring, security and automatic failover experience with container orchestration platforms on AWS and/or Azure
- In-depth knowledge of security best-practices, policy, access management and cryptography
Most importantly, you embody our core values:
We deliver results: A commitment is a promise: we finish what we start and follow through on what we promise, when we promised. We identify excellence, and give and receive constructive feedback at all levels to help us improve.
We are curious: We are relentless in our pursuit of new ideas, new values, new innovations, and new ways to do things. We measure our performance and are better every day than we were the day before.
We use make it matter: We aim to maximize our positive impact on everyone we touch in the course of our business: our employees, customers, users, shareholders, community, and the environment. We create lasting value in a complex and uncertain world.
We are collaborative: We cultivate trust, pitch in, and extend our expertise. We work across levels, departments, and customer boundaries to create value, experiences, and service.
We are empathetic and humble:We are humble yet take ownership of our decisions; open to new understandings and criticism, yet willing to commit. We treat one another with respect and assume good intentions.
Technologies We Use
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.