Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We’re developing a new category, where smart building tech meets commercial real estate meets consumer apps: the workplace experience app. Comfy creates amazing workplace experiences through a consumer facing app for employees and solves real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Our app gives employees greater control over their workplace, including room and desk booking, lighting and temperature control, and feedback. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Support Manager to provide excellent customer support for our SaaS offerings, scale our support function globally through our parent organization, Siemens, and to be an advocate for Support throughout the organization. The goal is to ensure our Support function is serving customers by providing product and service information; resolving product and service problems, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet their expectations. In addition, the role may include managing other Customer Support Representatives.
You, the Support Manager, are excellent at communicating with people of all levels and backgrounds, can empathize with even the most unhappy customer, and enjoy the relentless pursuit of knowledge. You enjoy working through customer problems and proactively seeing where processes could break down that will affect our end user engagement with our solutions. This will give you an opportunity to learn about our product from the ground up and learn how we can better help our customers.
The key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the support team will triage, troubleshoot, and resolve all customer reported issues leading to improved application end user engagement, creating engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Escalate customer issues to responsible internal parties
- Monitor the existing customer base to proactively identify and resolve potential customer issues
- Define and implement escalation processes for customer inquiries to the customer support representatives
- Work with our parent organization, Siemens, to scale our support team across all case types and functions globally
- Highlight trends and patterns from customer inquiries, inject positive change across the business with creative tools to aid customers, such as more effective self-help on our helpdesk
- Manage the relationship and keep accountable third party contractors
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of our products and any new products as they are developed, and represent Support in the development and launch of new features
- Along with the Senior Director of Customer Success, create a Support mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Develop Support procedures, policies and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer support actions and discussions
- Compile and analyze data and provide accurate reports to customers and internal stakeholders
- Work with other functional leaders to understand their key business metrics and improve our performance against those measures via customer support
- Recruit, hold accountable, mentor, and develop customer support representatives
- Keep up to date on industry developments and support function best practices to areas of improvement.
- Control resources and utilise assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Liaise with key partners such as those in our Works With Comfy partner ecosystem.
Your Skills and Experience Includes:
- Passion for helping customers succeed by exceeding expectations, ability to build strong relationships with key customer contacts and executives, keen analytical mind for troubleshooting, and ability to empathize with unhappy users
- A minimum of 3 years in a customer-facing role, building and fostering relationships with Fortune 1000 customers preferably in a customer support or service function
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a well-developed sense of humor
- Proven ability to collaborate and engage across internal teams (Engineering, Product, Sales, and Marketing)
- Experience with managing a small team of individuals or contractors is a bonus
- Self-motivated team player who can juggle multiple high priorities, manage concurrent projects in various stages, and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to run team meetings, deliver high quality presentations, and train staff, end users, and
- Proficient with Google Suite, Office Suite, Slack, and Salesforce and analytical tools are a bonus (e.g. Gainsight, BI tools - Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc.)
- Knowledge of HVAC Systems and Controls Integration and Building Management Systems is a bonus
- International support experience is a plus
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.