Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We’re developing a new category, where smart building tech meets commercial real estate meets consumer apps: the workplace experience app. Comfy creates amazing workplace experiences through a consumer facing app for employees and solves real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Our app gives employees greater control over their workplace, including room and desk booking, lighting and temperature control, and feedback. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
We are an independent startup that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, giving us both the resources and reach of a multinational along with the nimbleness and independence of a fast-growing startup.
About the Role
We're looking for a strong hands-on Staff Accountant with working knowledge of best practices in AP, AR, accruals/deferrals, period end closing and financials. You must be familiar with GAAP/IFRS, strive for high level of accounting data accuracy, and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate is reliable with a keen attention to detail, good problem solving skills, and ability to work independently.
As a Staff Accountant you will take over a broad range of accounting tasks ensuring high level of accuracy and compliance with company policies and GAAP/IFRS. You will have an opportunity to make an important impact on finance department performance by assisting with scaling of finance operations and integration into corporate accounting with our parent company Siemens Industries, Inc. This is a great opportunity for motivated individual who is determined to succeed in accounting or finance career and loves to learn.
Your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
- Full cycle Accounts Payable: vendor record setup and maintenance, invoice entry, approval check, and payment processing. Research and resolution of AP related issues.
- Corporate card transaction record management, approval check, payment, and accounts reconciliation.
- Accounts Receivable: new customer onboarding, recurring billing and cash applications.
- GL and Period Closing: payroll entry, accruals, prepaid amortization and fixed asset depreciation calculation and booking, balance sheet accounts reconciliation.
- Assist with various management reporting requests, period end financials, intercompany accounting, tax activities, and general office duties.
- Other projects as assigned by the manager.
- Associate or BS/BA in Accounting from an accredited US institution
- You have 3-5 years of accounting experience in a Small/Medium company- bonus points for SaaS company experience
- You have experience processing vendor bills
- You have experience with 1099 reporting
- You are skilled at handling customer invoicing
- You have experience performing accruals
- You have experience managing deferrals
- You are skilled in calculating and booking amortization and depreciation
- You have experience reconciling balance sheet accounts and period end financials
- Support for external audits by Big Four or Second Tier firm is strongly preferred
- You have experience with QuickBooks or any ERP system
- Intermediate Excel (including VLOOKUP and Pivot tables)
- Familiarity with Expensify/Concur, Bill.com and/or Salesforce is a bonus but not required
- Bonus points for familiarity with data conversions and system implementations
- CPA is a bonus but not required
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.