Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We’re developing a new category, where smart building tech meets commercial real estate meets consumer apps: the workplace experience app. Comfy creates amazing workplace experiences through a consumer facing app for employees and solves real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Our app gives employees greater control over their workplace, including room and desk booking, lighting and temperature control, and feedback. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role
As Senior Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for the final check of quality of software delivered to our end users. Working cross-functionally, you will build the team, processes, and tools needed to continuously deliver high-quality software to our customers, partners and users. You will empower our engineering teams to move fast without breaking things by giving them what they need to move independently and release rapidly with clear expectations and processes.
Subject Matter Expert
- Knowledge of test development, documentation, automation, execution and requirements tracking.
- Expertise in automation frameworks and how to optimize the mix of manual and automated testing.
- Own all product safety and software license issues.
Process and Planning
- Work with your developers, engineers, and support teams. to ensure smooth delivery of features to clients
- Improve and implement our release processes.
- Manage UAT and final sign-off of release.
Administration and Maintenance
- Along with our Project Managers, define and implement quality metrics.
- Triage and escallate bugs as necessary within the engineering organization.
- Motivate and grow the team responsible for the quality of software at Comfy.
- Manage a globally-distributed team of individuals including offshore teams.
- Recruit, evaluate, and train your staff to achieve more than they thought possible while optimizing cost and quality.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Quality Assurance.
- Passion for participating in a dynamic engineering culture within a scrum agile process.
- Knowledge of automation frameworks and quality management systems like TestRail.
- Hands-on experience testing hybrid mobile apps a plus.
- Ability to create and implement a QA strategy based on your personal experience.
- A compelling and clear communicator who works with others to develop their product requirements while expressing your own.
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.