Comfy is on a mission to enhance the workplace experience by connecting people, places, and things. Around the world, thousands of people use Comfy to personalize the way they work, creating productive, collaborative and flexible working spaces. With global reach through our parent company Siemens and a powerful ecosystem of technology partners, Comfy also gives businesses the insights they need to make informed decisions about their real estate portfolios. And as the world reconsiders the future of work, here at Comfy you’ll help support companies with a safe return to the workplace, while laying the foundations of long-term digital transformation for a new era of flexible working.
About the Role
As a Frontend Engineer at Comfy you bridge design and engineering daily. Your eye for design brings mockups to life and will delight our users with transitions and polish. Your understanding of technical tradeoffs, curiosity in discovering edge cases, and craftsmanship efficiently creates reliable code. You will help us investigate new technologies that will allow our team to quickly iterate and build the best possible experience.
You love crafting beautiful applications that work smoothly on all browsers and on mobile. You have worked with IE and mobile Safari and they don't scare you. You have the instincts to avoid troublemakers and performance hogs like tag-based selectors and frequent DOM lookups. Your code is maintainable, well-structured, and just works. You enjoy exploring new technologies, being on the leading edge, and collaborating with a team of talented engineers.
- 3+ years of industry experience developing web applications
- In depth knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS across browsers (yes, IE and mobile, too!)
- Experience with responsive design
- Ability to write comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant code
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other engineers, designers, and business stakeholders
Bonus if You Have
- Knowledge of Frontend unit testing methodology and tools
- Experience with Cordova, Android, or iOS development
- Experience working on a software team that follows a process
- A willingness to pitch in when needed and work on our Python backend in Django
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.