Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places, and systems. We’re developing a new category, where smart building tech meets commercial real estate meets consumer apps: the workplace experience app. Comfy creates amazing workplace experiences through a consumer facing app for employees and solves real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Our app gives employees greater control over their workplace, including room and desk booking, lighting and temperature control, and feedback. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design, and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone– from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role
We're looking for a leader with experience building world class customer organizations, processes and systems, solution design, professional services, and customer support. As our Senior Director of Customer Success, you will lead the teams dedicated to upholding Comfy's ‘customer first’ mindset, and push customer success into everything we do.
Specifically, you will:
- You will lead the Customer Success team responsible for maximizing our customer lifetime value. You will do this by increasing contract value on existing customers, fast and efficient implementation deployment, and cost-effective, yet stellar customer support.
- You will know each customer's success criteria, ensure we're meeting them, and continuously communicate to our customers, ensuring strong relationships in order to drive renewals and expansions.
- You will lead three functions: Customer Success Manager (CSM), Customer Support, and Solution Design and Delivery.
- For CSMs, you will manage:
- Global account strategies
- Proactive health monitoring of accounts
- Grow value of installed base
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Setting and resetting customer expectations
- Change management processes
- For Support, you will manage:
- A robust, global, support team that covers both B2C and B2B
- Defining support times, instituting and tracking support SLA for Premium vs Basic support
- For Solution Design and Delivery, you will manage:
- Scale deployment capabilities to support Enterprise customers with 100+ buildings
- Manage a global solution architecture team to support enterprise sales against a quarterly new ARR goal
- Manage a global deployment effort
- For CSMs, you will manage:
- You will define and own the key metrics by which success will be determined for all sub-teams and the activities that will drive those metrics. You will own management quarterly objectives of the team while also driving the accountability of the individuals on your teams via team and individual performance KPIs, all with the aim of continually driving revenue.
- You will track customer health and performance metrics through development of dashboards and measures to drive awareness of potential churn risks and to enhance retention.
- You will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, business development, and marketing to implement programs and processes to improve deployment, expansion, and retention all while increasing the stickiness of our feature set.
- You will drive transparency in processes to allow business partners to understand and align with the Customer Success team.
- You have a willingness to create a healthy tension to apply pressure internally to ensure satisfied customers and increase customer lifetime value.
- You will partner with our sales and product teams to co-create Comfy’s value proposition and ROI model, end user success, and upsell opportunities.
- You will serve as a point of escalation to manage expectations, navigate challenges, and to ensure long-term account success.
- You will represent the customer in every decision we make and build customer loyalty.
- You will grow customer advocates that lead to case studies, speaking opportunities, references, and ultimately renewals.
- You're open to travel up to 30% of the time to meet with our customers and globally flexible to work with international partners.
- You have 10+ years of customer facing experience in Customer Success, Consulting, Sales, solution architecture or related field OR proven track record closing enterprise deals, growing LTV of Enterprise Accounts or similar
- You have 5+ years of experience managing a Customer Success team OR proven track record scaling a customer success organization successfully in a technical SaaS environment
- You have both led and scaled customer success teams through automated digital customer experience journeys
- You have experience working with enterprise customers on large scale rollouts for a technical product, with numerous integration points, including global deployments
- You have proven your process improvement and scaling capabilities and are excited to use those skills at Comfy
- You have defined key success and support metrics in previous roles
- You're an analytical and data driven decision maker
- You have a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit and strongly prefer to work in a fast-paced environment
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.