Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, lighting and feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer-facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone — from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.
About the Role
Comfy is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud to help scale our product and accelerate development while ensuring we deliver a secure, stable service. You'll own our CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, alerting and logging systems and developer experience, driving us towards more efficient work, performant systems and higher visibility. You'll be a hero to your coworkers for automating their work and removing obstacles.
- You can't wait to dig into our unique, complex infrastructure and get your head around out how it all fits together and how you can make it sing in tune.
- You learn new concepts, technologies and programming paradigms quickly.
- You love Linux, are proficient with POSIX and understand Ubuntu.
- You've been building systems for 3+ years and are excited to explain what you've worked on.
- You care about reliability and safety and consider tradeoffs when engineering a feature.
- You love to work cross-functionally, manage stakeholders, and balance competing priorities.
- You’re what we’ve been missing: you see things from a different angle, you have ideas we’ve never thought of and your empathy, curiosity or sensitivity is infectious.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience in a production environment
- Knowledge of deployment and developer workflow using Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience in Linux environments, especially networking technologies such as iptables and OpenVPN
- Deployment, logging, monitoring, security and automatic failover experience with container orchestration platforms on AWS and/or Azure
- In-depth knowledge of security best-practices, policy, access management and cryptography
Technologies We Use
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.