Why We're Hiring

Column is growing quickly! We have open roles now and will open roles in the future and are always keen to talk to talented folks about how we might work together. We would love for you to join our talent community for current and upcoming roles!

We are looking for exceptional people to join a small team at an early stage, a venture-backed startup focused on the future of public interest information & local news. As one of the early members of the team, you'll have an immediate impact on our go-to-market strategy, product direction, and team culture.

About the Column Team

For many of the early team members, this is our second company together. We are building a company of consequence and know from experience that having a team of exceptional people is the best part of the journey.

Our team is made of folks that have followed non-traditional paths to local media and to startups. Our founding team's first jobs included: newspaper delivery, political campaign staff, museum docent, library book-shelver, chartering planes, and rec-center marketing. We know that experiences with other industries, geographies, and life backgrounds are critical to creating the best product possible for our partners.

We are a team of principled, talented builders and are excited to build this public benefit corporation with other great people.

Column is a remote-first company with core members of our team on four continents and an in-person headquarters in Miami, FL.

Qualities we're looking for

• Rigor - attention to detail without losing the forest for the trees; strong analytical lens on what's working and what isn't — consistent and adept follow-through.
  • Humility - This role will be invigorating in some ways and challenging in others. A quiet confidence switching gears between the fast-paced articulation of problems to be solved to finicky rote work involved in the execution will be helpful in this role (all while developing process automation to decrease the rote part of the role!).
  • Optimism - we are setting out to do a hard and important thing in an industry underserved by modern technology, something entirely uncertain, and optimism that it is possible is a must.
  • Effective Communicator - we want folks who are empathetic, exceptional listeners, and clear & concise communicators verbally and in writing.

Compensation & Benefits

Our benefits will grow as fast or faster than we do, starting with:

• Base salary and meaningful equity stake in the venture
  • Healthcare, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your dependents
  • Unlimited (and encouraged) paid time off
  • Paid parental leave

What you'll do

If we have a current role open that is a great fit, we can't wait to chat! If not, rest assured we will reach out once we do.

Apply for this Job

* Required
resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Custom Demographic Questions

At Column, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment where team members from all backgrounds feel a strong sense of belonging. We are intentional about collecting and using data to craft a fair hiring process that minimizes the impact of unconscious bias. Your responses to the voluntary demographic questions below will be used in aggregate only to help us identify areas of improvement in our process. Your responses will not be associated with your specific application and will not in any way be used to influence a hiring decision.

I identify my gender as: (Select one) *

I identify as transgender: (Select one) *

I identify my sexual orientation as: (Select one) *

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply): *

Do you live with a disability? (Select one) *

Veteran status (for United States residents or citizens only, mark all that apply):