Colossal Media is an award-winning Brooklyn-based company celebrated for reviving hand-painted outdoor advertising. Founded in 2004 on the ashes of a forgotten art form, we’ve grown into a premium creative partner for the world’s largest brands, agencies, and artists. Our memorable campaigns build curiosity and amplify exposure through dynamic storytelling, redefining and elevating the out-of-home experience. We have a vision for rapid growth and to make this happen, we need you! Many of our campaigns are captured on film to create a timeless story. These videos are a great way for you to learn more about our business and our mission so take a minute to check them out: https://vimeo.com/colossalmedia
This role will begin as a freelance opportunity with the goal of transitioning into a full time role. In collaboration with all departments, the Creative Director will own the creation of all visuals used to sell Colossal and shape the brand’s identity. This is a leadership role, reporting directly to the CEO. This is a hands-on position at a rapidly growing company where you’ll wear many hats.
The mission of the Creative Director will be to own our brand’s client facing visual identity and orchestrate all things creative, telling our story, building trust with our clients along the way. One exciting opportunity to grow our business will be to expand Colossal Studios, our in house creative and content production agency.
A great deal of time will be spent perfecting the aesthetic and auditing of all collateral which includes client pitch decks, the website, some social platforms, sales sheets and internal multi-purpose materials. This role will also proactively suggest new collateral that will support sales.
- Lead a team of Designers, Photographers, Videographers, Producer, Project Managers
- Effectively help grow Colossal Studios
- Manage all content including photography, videography, and social media
- Own and evolve creative processes
- Expand our creative capabilities
- Create and constantly update sales collateral which includes one sheets, wall pics, vertical decks and general decks to drive sales.
- Keep all creative materials up to date
- Craft killer pitch decks
- Conceptualize new ideas that we can take to market
- 10+ years experience leading creative within the media industry
- Superior Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to connect with clients
- Mastery of visual design
- Ability to come up with big ideas that tell a story
- Experience leading creative team with passion and ability to collaborate across all departments
- Digital design experience and understanding of best practices: responsive website design, emails newsletters, and social content
- Print production design experience
- Thrives and authentically enjoys a results based, transparent, collaborative and explorative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay on deadline, within budget, brief and within the Colossal wheelhouse of services.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Animation and light video editing (After Effects and Premiere)
- Experience working with Wordpress
- Coding knowledge (HTML/CSS)
- Digital asset management system