Colossal Media is the global leader of hand painted outdoor advertising. Founded in 2004 from the ashes of a forgotten art form, Colossal has grown into a trusted creative partner for the world’s largest brands, agencies, and artists. Our memorable campaigns build curiosity and excitement through creative storytelling, and continue to redefine and elevate the out of home experience.
We are looking for hardworking, artistic people who have experience painting large scale commercial work. Applicants should be ready to start a career in hand painted advertising. Although the first year of employment will mirror Colossal’s Apprenticeship program, the goal of the Accelerated Apprentice position is to contribute to the team with a more technically developed painting ability. In addition to painting ability ideal candidates must have job site awareness, be on time, and excel in a team environment.
Colossal’s Accelerated Apprentice program is very challenging. Our production crew works year round in all types of weather. The expectation for those who complete the Accelerated Apprenticeship is to immediately start contributing at an Advanced level of paint ability. If you do not have experience painting murals or at a larger than life scale please apply for the traditional Apprenticeship position.
During your first year you will learn Colossal’s process of creating murals from start to finish by assisting higher ranking painters on a daily basis. This includes painting, prepping walls, loading and unloading trucks, shop maintenance, paint mixing, lettering and much more. Working long hours and the ability to travel is required as we put you on the path to becoming an Expert painter.
- Valid driver's license
- 3+ years experience in painting murals and/or at a large scale
- Superior work ethic
- Zero fear of heights
- Adaptable, persistent, positive, and focused
- A good alarm clock
- Availability to travel up to 1 week per month
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
The Nitty Gritty:
- Naturally live by our pillars: curiosity, awareness, leadership, and craft.
- Speak up with respectful radical candor
- Come to the job with an obsession for excellence
- Be thoughtful, self-reflective, empathetic, and adaptable
TO BE CONSIDERED
- Cover letter; please use your cover letter to highlight experience from your resume life which fulfill the requirements listed above
- Artwork samples; it is required that candidates please post the URL to your website or Instagram account that showcases your artwork