Colossal Media is the global leader of hand painted outdoor advertising. Founded in 2004 from the ashes of a forgotten art form, Colossal has grown into a trusted creative partner for the world’s largest brands, agencies, and artists. Our memorable campaigns build curiosity and excitement through creative storytelling, and continue to redefine and elevate the out of home experience.
We are looking for intelligent, artistic people who also have experience doing a hard days work to join our Brooklyn-based production crew. We are looking for candidates ready to start a career that combines a love for painting with the desire to be physically active, either on the ground or on a rig up in the sky. Ideal candidates understand how to hustle, be on time, and excel in a team environment. Specifically, we are looking for people who have experience with painting, blending, and shading on a large scale that can exit the one year apprentice program and jump ranks within our paint team.
Colossal’s paint apprenticeship program is very challenging. Our production crew works year round in all types of weather. The expectation for those who complete our apprenticeship program is to go on to paint great murals with us by leading or supporting large production teams while also teaching and training. A paint apprenticeship lasts one year and is just the beginning of a long-term commitment to the Colossal team.
Apprentices learn the process of creating murals from start to finish by assisting higher ranking painters day to day which includes painting, prepping walls, and loading and unloading trucks. They are also instrumental in keeping the shop organized and supplies stocked. Working long hours is required as we put you on the path to becoming an expert painter.
- Paid sick days
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Wellness benefits
- Continuing education program
- Employee assistance program
- Commuter benefits
- Valid driver's license
- Experience with large brush painting
- Superior work ethic
- Zero fear of heights
- Adaptable, persistent, positive, and focused
- A good alarm clock
- Availability to travel up to 1 week per month
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
The Nitty Gritty:
- Naturally live by our pillars: curiosity, awareness, leadership, and craft.
- Speak up with respectful radical candor
- Come to the job with an obsession for excellence
- Be thoughtful, self-reflective, empathetic, and adaptable
TO BE CONSIDERED
- Cover letter; please use your cover letter to highlight experience from your resume life which fulfill the requirements listed above
- Artwork samples; it is required that candidates please post the URL to your website or Instagram account that showcases your artwork