Mentors will help high-school-age clients reach their academic, extracurricular and social goals. The employee will be responsible for providing:
- Assistance in choosing long term goals
- Assistance in planning how to achieve those goals
- Accountability in staying on track with that plan
- Consistent meetings with clients
- Mind-broadening discussions and activities
- Holistic advice for navigating high school
Will report to a division manager. Will receive evaluations from clients and managers.
Will receive extensive training from manager; four stages, paid ($25).
- We require a high school resume that details your GPA, course work, any standardized test scores (Old SAT, New SAT, ACT, SAT IIs, APs, IBs etc.), extracurriculars, and any other relevant information about your high school experiences
- If applicable (rising sophomores and older), submit a college resume that details your GPA, coursework, extracurriculars, and any other relevant information about your high school experiences.
- NO cover letters please
- Any relevant, previous tutoring, coaching, or advising experience experience SHOULD be included in your high school/college resume as applicable. Previous experience is not required, but highly encouraged.
- Flexible working hours. Part of the position is being able to meet with clients as per their convenience. Having the flexibility in your schedule to meet client demands is a critical part of this job.
- Willingness and ability to market the CollegeVine brand to fellow students at the University (encourage them to apply) as well as to family members and friends who are potential customers.
We pay competitively (up to $1100/client each year) for a strong work ethic and a will to add value to our team. There are also multiple opportunities to make extra cash through helping in product development as well as performance-based bonuses.
It's incredibly rewarding to build relationships with clients and then watch as the CollegeVine strategies help them achieve their dreams. CV consultants and tutors change kids' lives by fundamentally altering their trajectory through the college application process by taking the stress out of preparing for standardized test preparation.
We're a startup and we do our best to maintain a startup culture; all work is self-scheduled and is extremely manageable alongside a full college course load. This startup culture also leads to a system that is constantly evolving according to employee feedback. We eagerly accept feedback of our employees in an effort to improve the employee experience and provide you with a meaningful experience with CollegeVine.
This role is an entry level position with a built-in career path that provides ever more responsibility and pay as the employee becomes further integrated into the company. A majority of our employees from last year have moved into managerial positions with new responsibility and a career narrative that differentiates them in job interviews. We're constantly looking for new ways to empower our talented employees to help students achieve their education and career goals. Team members can expect to be provided with a number of opportunities for employee development, as we have created a standardized trajectory for employees that includes built-in pay raises and promotions. Many of our consultants have expressed the benefits of being employed by CV as it related to gaining summer internships and other meaningful work experience.
NOTE: The EEOC Questions below are required and standardized by federal law and the options provided as answers do not necessarily reflect CollegeVine's views on gender or any other criteria.