Join our team!
At CollegeVine, we are committed to helping clients get the most out of their high school experience. Whether that's setting healthy goals for themselves through our mentorship program, receiving excellent academic support from our SAT, ACT, and subject tutors, or going through the college applications process, we promise to give clients the guidance they need to thrive.
Schools We Hire From
In order to best serve our clients, we seek to have employees sourced from a wide array of schools; because of this, we try to hold ourselves to a quota for each school from which we recruit. This unfortunately means that we sometimes must turn away excellent candidates from schools we have already finished hiring from. Below is a list of schools from which we are still hiring; however, if your school is not listed here, we encourage you to check back in a few months when our next hiring cycle begins!
The following schools have slots still open; if you attend or have attended one of these schools or an associated grad school, we doubly encourage you to apply.
- Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Yale
If you do not attend any of the schools listed above we encourage you to apply for a Mentorship position!
As an Applications Consultant, you will guide each of your clients through the entire college application process, from crafting a school list to accepting an offer. Client work does not begin until July 5th. Most client work takes place between July and January. After January 15th, there is also additional follow-up for some clients. Compensation starts at $20 per hour, with room for promotion and pay raises based on excellent service delivery. Broadly, we expect consultants to do the following:
- Undergo a paid training period to prepare for client work
- Implement CollegeVine’s application curriculum to advise clients on
- Building a school list
- Brainstorming essay topics
- Filling out the Common Application
- Drafting excellent essays
- Applying for scholarships
- Navigating the waitlist and deferral process
- Selecting the right school for them
- Work with at least two clients twice a week (4-6 hrs/wk)*
- Respond to all work-related correspondence within 24 hours
- Complete occasional special assignments to optimize our programs
Note: This position requires a flexible schedule. Please do not apply if you cannot meet with a client in any 48 hour period should the need arise.
*This is an estimated average. Workload may vary based on specific client needs. It will likely be higher near application deadlines and lower for other weeks.
- WE DO NOT WANT A COLLEGE RESUME. Instead, we want a high school resume. Our goal is to determine whether you built the sort of resume that we're trying to help our students build, so send us a resume that shows us everything colleges knew about you that made them want to accept you!
Things that you have done since senior year of high school, no matter how impressive, are not considered. The only exception to this is if you have experience tutoring or teaching; if you do, please include it, even if it occurred after your high school graduation! Your resume should detail the following:
- High School Class Rank (if known)
- SAT II Scores
- AP and/or IB Results
- High School Activities
- High School Awards and Honors
- Languages (list proficiency in each)
- Work Experience, especially previous tutoring, coaching, and/or advising experience, even in college
- You will be asked to submit any SAT and ACT scores. When doing so, please submit your scores for each subject based on the instructions below.
- Please do not submit a cover letter.
Excellent Pay. We pay competitively, starting at $20/hr. Few college jobs offer employees the chance to build marketable skills, let alone for this high a wage. There are many opportunities to make extra cash helping with product development, and we offer ample performance-based bonuses.
Watch your students thrive. Our strategies work, and as an Applications Consultant you will have a front seat to watch it all unfold. Over the course of a semester, you'll build a close bond with your students editing their personal essays and helping them navigate the challenging college admissions process. There's no better feeling than seeing your client get into the school of their dreams.
Grow with CollegeVine. We are a rapidly growing startup, so it pays to get involved. We're constantly looking for ways to empower our talented employees and help them meet their career goals. Our Knowledge Base and company events allow you to connect with other members of the highly talented CollegeVine network. Dedicated team members quickly rise through the ranks. Our managers enter the work force with highly prized management, product development, and strategic thinking skills that they cultivated as CollegeVine leaders.
If you need any help, email email@example.com with your questions!