- Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Marketing & Alumni Strategy, implement marketing strategies to build brand awareness, increase engagement, support program, and internal communication needs, and advance fundraising efforts.
- Oversee the design/production of marketing collaterals and digital assets (i.e., reports, one-pagers, brochures, banners, cards, presentations, social media graphics); conceptualize and create visual graphics.
- Implement a robust digital marketing strategy in close coordination with the communications team for both external and internal audiences;
- Review website analytics and make content updates on a regular basis to improve performance
- Lead the creation of email campaigns, including internal staff newsletters, stewardship communications, fundraising appeals, and event marketing;
- Inform and develop visuals for College Track’s social media channels and campaign-specific posts
- Update branding and graphics for internal and external-facing platforms, including Classy, CT Connect, ADP, and Zendesk
- Measure, track, and optimize the effectiveness of digital campaign performance
- Serve as marketing lead (and in some cases, project manager) for national and regional events;
- Collaborate with project owner(s) to identify marketing deliverables and develop a strategic work plan
- Manage the project timeline and oversee the successful production of all related deliverables, including product research, estimate procurement, and vendor selection
- Lead the development and organization of brand-aligned photography and video assets;
- Procure photographers, videographers, and video editors, negotiate and review contracts, and manage payment process for new and existing vendors•Execute the photoshoot/video participant procurement process in partnership with regional staff
- Create supporting documents, including project briefs, photography guidelines, logistics documents, video scripts, and background information.
- Manage all aspects of the final production process, including photography proof sheet selections, video edit reviews, and approval
- Assist facility and operations staff with site/office buildout and branding projects;
- Consult on architectural plans, including paint and finishes selections
- Collaborate with furniture vendor to make furniture recommendations and final selections
- Facilitate the production and installation of interior and exterior signage, wall graphics, branded banners, and more
- Ensure College Track’s identity and branding are consistent across all mediums; update and maintain knowledge management systems, including messaging and content resources, graphic design assets, and templates; enforce branding standards.
- Increase access to MarCom resources and support via Zendesk; monitor and respond to support requests on a daily basis, develop and maintain MarCom-related user guide articles and resource pages.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners, including advertising agencies, graphic designers, photographers/videographers, and printers.
- Manage monthly expense reporting and vendor payments; submit vendor invoices, complete monthly credit card reports, and track spending against project budgets.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Marketing Manager must embrace College Track’s mission to create a more just and equitable world, where every student has the opportunity to achieve a life of choice and opportunity. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five years experience in marketing, ideally from a non-profit, education institution, campaign or social enterprise.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, including proactive and independent development of work plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Ability to set appropriate priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
- Digital marketing experience, particularly related to email campaigns, social media, SEO, website optimization, and event promotions.
- Strong eye for design and ability to create compelling designs as well as convey direction to graphic designers and other creatives.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Canva.
- Working knowledge of print and promotional materials production with the ability to shepherd projects from concept to delivery.
- Strong decision making capabilities with the ability to prioritize incoming requests and projects.
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback to peers/staff.
- Demonstrated creative vision, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
College Track requires that the holder of this position be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC. College Track will require proof of vaccination from each current and future employee.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive, region specific, salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data.We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a PDF resume and thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track works to remove barriers for first-generation college students on their journey to college completion. Our commitment to removing barriers for first-generation college students doesn't stop when college ends. While we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, we especially encourage applicants who identify as first-generation college graduates to apply for open opportunities on staff.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.