We are seeking a passionate, relational, hands-on and process-oriented People Manager who will manage and implement programs, processes and policies with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), including but not limited to employee on-boarding, performance management, compensation and rewards and workforce analytics to strengthen and sustain the company and employee experience.This role reports to the Director of Employee Experience and will partner with key leaders across the organization to achieve results.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Support strong onboarding by managing and maintaining the 30-60-90 onboarding plans and ensuring hiring managers are set up for success
- Coordinate and support implementation of New Hire Orientation; including calendaring, communications, logistics, and facilitation
- Manage our compensation practices around key touch points i.e. new hire salary offers, promotions, and market adjustments
- Ensure employee recognition programs & events drive engagement and a strong sense of community and belongingness, including design communications and supporting documents to enable leadership to execute recognition activities and events
- Maintain organization’s job descriptions and ensure alignment with compensation benchmarking
- Lead and Manage and execute the performance management process, ensuring that each activity in the employee performance evaluation cycle is carried outon-time, with excellent communicate and multiple means of support
- Administer the company’s performance management software platform, Perform Yard, including providing technical trainings and customer service support to managers and employees
- Manage and administer employee engagement survey
- Track and utilize data and key performance metrics to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, engagement, promotions, retention, turnover,and transitions.
- Create and manage project plans and communications to ensure the successful execution of initiatives.
- Drive a culture of engagement across all initiatives
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the People Manager must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. S/he must embody and model College Track core values and model a deep commitment to improving education equity. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of related professional experience with 3+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Strong organization and project management skills with a proven ability to create simple, sustainable and organized processes and systems that have strong adoption post implementation
- Broad knowledge and experience in staff onboarding, performance management, compensation,employee engagement and workforce analytics
- Experience in the administration of compensation programs and other Human Resources programs
- Proven ability to compile and analyze large data sets and present actionable plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated ability to communicate and present across all levels of the organization; must be able to clearly articulate complex ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build professional relationships with cross-functional teams while facilitating a collaborative environment; ability to influence the execution of programs.
- Organized, self-motivated, and capable of working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated creativity when addressing challenging situations with limited resources
- Proficient with Google Suite and Zoom, including Google Documents, Slides, and advanced knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree. Master's Degree, PHR/ SPHR certificate or any other advanced education/ training in the HR field preferred.
- Technologically savvy and able to learn software quickly with experience in HR software platforms required; experience with Perform Yard and Culture Amp preferred
- Have experience working in launch, growth and/or transition phases of organizations
College Track requires that the holder of this position be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC. College Track will review and consider requests for reasonable accommodation to this requirement. College Track will review all requests for reasonable accommodation and determine whether an accommodation can be provided based on the essential functions of the job. College Track may require information or documentation from an employee and reserves the right to request additional information or documentation in consideration of the request for accommodation.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive, region specific, salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a PDF resume and thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track works to remove barriers for first generation college students on their journey to college completion. Our commitment to removing barriers for first generation college students doesn't stop when college ends. While we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, we especially encourage applicants who identify as first-generation college graduates to apply for open opportunities on staff.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.