The Development Associate is an integral part of College Track’s Development Mission Support team. Reporting to the Development Operations Manager, the Development Associate will play an instrumental role in ensuring College Track donors experience best-in-class recognition and that our fundraisers have access to data that drives remarkable performance. The Development Associate will own responsibility for College Track’s gift administration activities, ensuring that donations are processed in a timely manner, that the organization’s supporters receive prompt and accurate gift recognition, and that donor data is tracked seamlessly in Salesforce. The Development Associate will work closely with other Development Mission Support team members, including Prospect Research and the Vice President of Development, to ensure that our external fundraisers are equipped with the data and tools needed to manage their portfolios of donors and prospects. Additionally, the Development Associate will support the Development Operations Manager to maintain a healthy, optimized database and support the execution of special projects as needed.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead College Track’s National and Regional gift administration process, including processing all gifts in our donor database (Salesforce), managing gift records, and preparing and distributing timely gift receipts and acknowledgment letters
- Support fundraising staff to leverage Salesforce as our primary tool to manage cultivation and stewardship activities, and to track and report on revenue
- Manage database health activities, including ongoing audits, mass updates, data enrichment projects, as well as best practice and data definition work as needed
- Support the integration of our Donor Stewardship Framework into our gift administration and database management activities
- Lead mailings and support with other donor engagement activities
- Support the Development Mission Support team with special projects as assigned by the Development Operations Manager
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an educational nonprofit, school, or other entrepreneurial, high-performing organization are a plus
- Demonstrated experience with sophisticated database management, preferably within Salesforce and/or other donor databases
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- A constant learner who is interested in being a proactive, positive member of the team
- Exceptional project management skills that enable the execution of complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Capable of adjusting to shifting priorities and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to analyze data in order to detect important trends that should inform strategic decision-making
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills which enable rapport-building with internal and external stakeholders
College Track requires that the holder of this position be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC. College Track will review and consider requests for reasonable accommodation to this requirement. College Track will review all requests for reasonable accommodation and determine whether an accommodation can be provided based on the essential functions of the job. College Track may require information or documentation from an employee and reserves the right to request additional information or documentation in consideration of the request for accommodation.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive, region specific, salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a PDF resume and thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track works to remove barriers for first generation college students on their journey to college completion. Our commitment to removing barriers for first generation college students doesn't stop when college ends. While we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, we especially encourage applicants who identify as first-generation college graduates to apply for open opportunities on staff.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.