The Reporting Analyst plays a key role on the College Track Finance team and will be responsible for analyzing financial data across the organization to support in budgeting, forecasting, reporting and ad-hoc analyses. The successful candidate will operate with a high degree of accuracy and will possess knowledge in basic use of Adaptive Planning, advanced skills with excel, be comfortable working with complex financial data, understand general accounting principles, experience using financial systems, and ability to form collaborative working relationships. The position reports to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Build and Maintain Dashboards/Reporting (40%)
- Support grant proposals and spend-down by building reports and dashboards online (Adaptive) or offline with a high degree of accuracy as needed.
- Maintain/update reports menu and listings with consistent naming convention and layout to facilitate navigating by all users.
- Support the preparation of financial reports for internal and external audiences (i.e. budget owners, donors, etc.)
- Partner with budget owners to establish budgets and build forecasts (30%)
- Serve as the end-to-end finance partner with budget owners to prepare site, region and/or national department budgets; ensure budgeted goals are met; coordinate budget revisions; and build forecasts
- Analyze monthly budget-actual results and forecasts across the organization and provide summarized reports to budget owners.
- Support and lead aspects of the annual budgeting process including but not limited to calendaring and providing training (both technical and conceptual), documenting rationale and changes, providing analytics/metrics to facilitate target-setting and related decision-making, owning the consolidation and version control processes, producing online and offline reports for budget owners.
- Work cross-functionally with budget owners either as a team or one-on-one to provide general guidance and transactional information where needed to update ongoing forecasts.
- Optimize FP&A Process and Reporting Functionality (15%)
- Share maintenance responsibilities for budgeting software including formula adjustments, updating account mapping, updating personnel and fixed assets sheets for proper projection of payroll and depreciation.
- Address administrative issues such as user set-up and access. Maintain/build online reports as needed.
- Identify and lead process improvement efforts within the team.
- Ad-hoc Analyses and Projects (10%)
- Perform financial analysis and develop fact-based recommendations to help make informed business decisions.
- Identify and call out issues affecting the organization’s operations, cash position and capital expenditures.
- Support Monthly Close (5%)
- Complete monthly variation analyses between actuals and projections, and work with Accounting to reconcile discrepancies in data.
- Work closely with Accounting to take part in the close process including loading actuals into forecasts (Adaptive Insights).
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Finance Analyst must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or related field required.
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience (e.g. finance, financial analysis, economic analysis, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Adaptive Planning, MS Excel and database skills required. Familiarity with Intacct a plus.
- High degree of competency in math and critical thinking with exceptional organizational skills and sound business judgment.
- Operates with a high sense of urgency and responsiveness balanced by a need for providing accurate information based on strategic priorities.
- Extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, and structured in the creation and presentation of information.
- Ability to problem solve and focus on details without losing sight of the broader task.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously; Uses sound judgment to prioritize and meet deadlines, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Exceptional communication skills with demonstrable ability to write effectively, speak persuasively, and listen attentively.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution.
College Track requires that the holder of this position be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC. College Track will review and consider requests for reasonable accommodation to this requirement. College Track will review all requests for reasonable accommodation and determine whether an accommodation can be provided based on the essential functions of the job. College Track may require information or documentation from an employee and reserves the right to request additional information or documentation in consideration of the request for accommodation.
Position reports to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Compensation & Benefits
Full Salary Range: $75,000 - $78,500
College Track offers a competitive, region specific, salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data and internal equity. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off. A complete look at the benefits College Track offers full time benefits eligible employees can be viewed here.
Please upload a PDF resume and thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track works to remove barriers for first generation college students on their journey to college completion. Our commitment to removing barriers for first generation college students doesn't stop when college ends. While we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, we especially encourage applicants who identify as first-generation college graduates to apply for open opportunities on staff.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.