About College Track
College Track is a holistic college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program systematically removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that keep first-generation students from low-income communities from completing college and thriving in the workforce. Today, College Track serves more than 3,000 students across 12 communities in California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area, with 750+ alumni leading a movement to democratize potential.
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Six months out of college, 79% of College Track alumni are employed. For those 30 and over, 92% report earnings greater than their parents with wages on par with the national average. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The College Completion Advisor is responsible for supporting students in owning their college experience and ensuring that 70% of College Track students graduate with a bachelor’s degree and social mobility opportunities within six years. The ideal candidate is a motivated, hard-working, organized individual with experience advising, influencing, and managing first-generation college students.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Manage a caseload of college students to achieve the following:
- Academic Achievement: Review student data consistently. Provide direct coaching to ensure students know academic requirements and make behavioral changes necessary to graduate in four to six years. Whenever possible, refer students to appropriate external or campus resources.
- College Affordability: Support students in graduating from college with manageable debt. Ensure students apply for and receive all available financial aid and scholarships.
- Future Opportunities: Serve as a resource to students by connecting them to career and leadership development opportunities.
- Social Emotional Wellness: Guide students towards integration in their campus community, good physical and mental health, and healthy relationships. Whenever possible, refer students to appropriate external or campus resources.
- Data Entry & Analysis: Input and review student data consistently and use collected student data to recognize trends and inform advising.
Support High School Program:
- Student Transition Support: Collaborate with the College Completion team to provide individualized support and implement transition plans for high school seniors to ensure they matriculate to college.
- High School Programming: Provide limited support to other high school programming as assigned by the College Completion Director, including co-leading high school workshops, programming, and college tours.
Internal Scholarship Distribution
- Budgeting Support: Collect and provide student and family financial information necessary for budgeting and awarding College Track's need-based scholarships.
- Scholarship Distribution: Act as a liaison between students and College Track National to distribute funds to students and colleges.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3-5 years of experience advising and supporting first-generation college students
- Holds the highest expectations for students. Demonstrated success in motivating, influencing and managing students. Strong interpersonal skills and effective at relationship building with students and families
- Strong sense of possibility; approaches new challenges with optimism.
- Reliably prioritizes the highest impact work amongst competing demands, delegates effectively, holds self-accountable and produces quality work consistently
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Travel will be required to colleges and universities outside of the metropolitan area
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive, region specific, salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a PDF resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.