The IT Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining the organization’s day-to-day IT operations by (1) leading the IT Support team to resolve tech operations issues and provide direct IT Help Desk support, (2) ensuring high client service in the IT support function, (3) executing on the configuration, maintenance, and provisioning of our network, computer hardware, and cloud systems, and (4) enhancing IT Operations.
The IT Operations Manager will work closely with the Senior IT Manager and in partnership with other program and operational departments in support of strong technology systems.. The IT Manager will report to the Senior IT Manager.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice. May require travel to College Track locations across the US.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
IT Support Oversight
- Provide best in class support to users with a wide range of technical sophistication, supporting as overall tech subject matter lead/expert; this will include but is not limited to:
- Leading as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on organizational technology applications.
- Creating tools for assessing user needs and satisfaction.
- Providing documentation and training to users.
- Properly issuing high-functioning hardware and deploying software at all points of employee life cycle.
- Responding and to and addressing technology concerns across the organization in a timely manner.
- Identifying appropriate support strategies for a variety of large and small remote sites.
- Ensuring continuous system availability.
- Regularly reporting on service quality and timeliness through regular reporting and KPIs.
- Coordinate with external vendors in delivering high-quality support and services to College Track, creating thorough specifications; managing these relationships through transparency and excellent communications; and ensuring credits and payments are accurately applied.
- Work as a critical member of the IT team to specify and implement technology upgrades, and execute on the technology-related expenses budgeted for the organization.
- Evolve and maintain systems and processes for managing hardware and software inventory across sites as well as software license compliance.
Cloud System Administration Oversight
- Support the Help Desk team in daily maintenance of OS X and cloud systems that support the company's infrastructure, including operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain network, hardware, and cloud system infrastructure.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, students, and partners.
- Support leadership in aligning systems (performance management, budget, allocation planning, technology, etc.) for integrated planning to support overall agency strategy.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning, and execution phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include assisting teams in the definition of needs, benefits and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of IT operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Execute IT systems planning and architecture efforts in line with a clear organization-wide strategy.
- Maintain and enhance College Track’s foundational building blocks related to IT governance, knowledge management, and IT policies and procedures.
- Build and conduct site based audits to evaluate IT operations, with the goal of enhancing College Track’s IT platform over time, and providing support where needed.
- As a manager in the Help Desk team, ensure that the IT team is a high functioning, strategic, and service-minded unit that partners with leaders for organizational, culture, and workforce support.
- Support the Senior IT Manager to coach the Help Desk team on growing and developing key competencies to ensure team and individual success on individual goals and development.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the IT Operations Manager must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a B.A. in computer science, information technology, or business. Master’s degree in information technology or business a plus.
- At least 5 years of or progressive experience in technology management and operations, with past success in a multi-site environment that has required support to remote users, included demonstrated ability to manage data interface and integration solutions.
- Experience in IT strategic planning. Demonstrated ability to create, document and promote a long-range vision for technology in a national organization.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and assess IT capacities and develop priorities, plans and budgets for IT.
- Experience in a broad range of technology areas and the ability to learn new areas or systems quickly, with a particular emphasis on database administration, systems requirements definition, user support, software customization, website analytics and maintenance and basic security.
- Experience with Google Admin (Workspace), Okta, Zendesk, BetterCloud, JAMF (strongly preferred)
- Ability to balance high-level, strategic thinking with detailed, tactical execution.
- Analytical approach to decision-making as related to systems performance, work processes and user needs.
- Demonstrated success in providing support to users with varying levels of technical skill, with the ability to listen carefully to user needs and challenges and respond with a high-level of customer service.
- Prior success in managing vendor relationships.
- Exceptional people and communication skills, with an ability to build relationships with diverse departments, collaborators and program staff and navigate uncertainty.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution.
- Takes pride in self, work and organization leading such that every task is performed at a high level of aptitude.
- Desire to grow through continuous improvement and achieve personal mastery.
- Superior organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- A history of achieving results and willingness to do "whatever it takes" to reach goals.
- A constant learner who is interested in being a proactive, positive member of the team.
- High level of self-awareness, humility, emotional intelligence.
College Track requires that the holder of this position be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC. College Track will review and consider requests for reasonable accommodation to this requirement. College Track will review all requests for reasonable accommodation and determine whether an accommodation can be provided based on the essential functions of the job. College Track may require information or documentation from an employee and reserves the right to request additional information or documentation in consideration of the request for accommodation.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive, region specific, salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a PDF resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track works to remove barriers for first generation college students on their journey to college completion. Our commitment to removing barriers for first generation college students doesn't stop when college ends. While we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, we especially encourage applicants who identify as first-generation college graduates to apply for open opportunities on staff.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.