Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Process Engineer II to join our Engineering & Quality team. The Process Engineer will assist with process development, design, validation, and implementation, testing design and execution, efficiency improvements, 5S implementation, implementation of Lean manufacturing concepts, and other manufacturing related activities.
You’ll report to the Engineering Manager and work from our Santa Ana, CA office with a flexible hybrid schedule. Occasional travel to vendors and other domestic and international Collectors facilities.
What You’ll Do:
Process design & development
- Perform process design actions to replace current processes with more efficient, stable, and higher quality processes with cross-functional Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Quality, and Engineering teams.
- Perform process development actions to improve and stabilize existing processes
- Perform process validation and implementation actions with cross-functional groups
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally
- Document process steps to ensure work standardization
Process sustaining and improvement
- Perform root cause analysis when manufacturing issues arise, working with Quality, Engineering, and Manufacturing teams to determine robust resolutions
- Identify opportunities for product, equipment, and process improvements throughout Collectors’ facilities
- Implement and recommend 5S and lean manufacturing concepts in processes and workspaces to increase efficiency, quality, and safety
- Perform testing on samples parts and machines and generate associated reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
Support of maintenance and equipment repair actions, including validation of repairs and verification of calibrations
Who You Are:
To perform the job successfully, the Process Engineer II should demonstrate the following:
- Hold a 4-year Mechanical, Manufacturing, or similar Engineering degree
- Experience with 5S, Lean, JIT, or Kaizen approaches
- Experience working with vendors and suppliers
- Experience in injection molding, high-volume manufacturing, sonic welding, medical device manufacturing, aerospace manufacturing, or industrial automation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Advanced Microsoft Excel or similar skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Curious and seeks to learn new processes, systems, and tools asks questions to ensure understanding
- Takes direction well
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline sensitive environment
- Spanish or Japanese language skills are a plus, but not required
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Extended periods of time in office and warehouse settings, both at Collector’s Universe and at vendors
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, email correspondences, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare, inspect, and receive submissions.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Working around equipment and machinery
- Occasional exposure to machinery noise from forklifts, injection presses, sonic welders, and other machinery
- Occasional exposure to warehouse temperatures and humidity
The salary range for this position is $82,743-$134,336. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to email@example.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.