Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re transforming the collecting experience with technology that brings authentication, grading, and trading into the modern era. Our products are equalizing the playing field by providing tools that make complex research analytics — including pricing, scarcity reports, and historic sales data — accessible to every collector, old or new. Our engineering mission is to democratize technology while promoting innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning throughout the organization. We're seeking engineers to utilize advanced technology in agile settings, with a focus on improving the customer experience for every collector.
Our dynamic Internal Platform team builds and maintains a robust and scalable platform that underpins Collectors’ engineering teams by providing IT, Networking, CloudOps, DevOps, Database, and QA best practices in turn enabling rapid, secure and stable application delivery.
We are looking for an IT Service Desk Manager to join our dynamic Internal Platform Engineering team. This role will be responsible for managing, planning, coordinating, and monitoring of IT Service Desk function, personnel, and systems. Other duties for the Manager of IT Service Desk include but are not limited to: Managing Service Desk system for tracking incidents, problems, change, assets, and knowledge base; addressing any issues; and making recommendations for improvement. This role is onsite at our Santa Ana, CA location.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversees the global IT Service Desk operations to ensure exceptional customer service and coordinate and supervise corporate IT engineers located in CA, NJ, China and Japan.
- Works closely and collaboratively with peers and across departments to effectively manage the IT Service Desk operation.
- Provides support in all areas of provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT client systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensures timely completion of service and support requests and maintains departmental analytics for continued improvement.
- Serves as an escalation point for IT customer issues.
- Provides oversight for the IT Service Desk incident tracking system, problems, and knowledge base, addressing any issues and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures IT Service Desk Tickets are updated in a timely manner.
- Builds relationships and trust, and facilitates communication framework with customers, business departments and vendors.
- Develops/defines and implements Service Level Agreement (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and periodic reports for the IT Service Desk.
- Gathers and records applicable data and manages toward IT Service Desk KPIs and SLAs.
- Develops and regularly publishes analytics to measure IT Service Desk productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures adherence to defined IT policies and provides support for both internal and external compliance audits.
- Designs, documents, trains, and supports new procedures focusing on increased efficiency.
- Drives and instills continuous improvement discipline within IT and in the business. Strives to identify opportunities to reduce the overall cost to serve and operate new solutions.
- Implements industry best practices for IT Service Desk organization, processes, reporting, response times, and satisfaction.
- Responsible for IT Asset Management (ITAM), SaaS license management, and IT procurement.
- Actively participate with IT leadership in the planning of the annual operating and fiscal plan.
- Makes recommendations regarding service desk hardware and software acquisitions
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of operational and managerial experience in IT client/end-user support and in IT Infrastructure.
- 5+ years of IT Service Desk management experience.
- Experience managing a service desk in multiple global locations
- Deep technical background in IT Infrastructure and IT Operations including Microsoft products, Microsoft operating systems, Google Workspace, Okta, Atlasian Jira, Slack, Apple Mac computers and Apple devices, Office 365 application, Implementation of ITIL ITSM framework and best practices and General IT Networking and Server/Storage Operations.
- Customer-focused, with an ability to understand and manage customer expectations.
- Experience with ITSM best practices and ITIL standards; ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- Experience using metrics to make data-driven decisions.
- Experience with IT Asset Management (ITAM), SaaS license management, and IT procurement.
- Experience implementing and managing IT budgets and financial plans.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Understanding of overall business and IT strategy and ability to develop solutions with management at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support/drive issues to resolution, including root cause analysis.
- Familiarity with creating technical documentation.
- Experience in supporting remote and onsite workforce.
- Ability and willingness to integrate, cooperate and succeed in a multinational group (i.e., traveling to operating company locations, understanding corporate needs, co-operating, and communicating with colleagues from overseas).
- Self-driven and highly passionate about providing excellent service.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $136,000 - $184,000. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email email@example.com.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.