Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. Every quarter we grade, authenticate, and sell millions of high-value, record-setting collectibles. We have broken past records, and we’re going to set future records, but we know that none of this is possible without the talented engineering experts and architects we’ve attracted to lead our teams. Which new records will you help to set? Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Wata, Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,500 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo.
We are building Collectors’ future cloud-based platform that will be flexible to scale into new markets, additional collectible brands, as well as support new and exciting features. We are looking for a Director to join agile teams in our rapidly expanding Product aligned organization. You’ll be in a unique team making a huge impact on our internal and external customers! All positions are remote-friendly!
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the VP of Engineering to drive the long term technical vision for the platform, work across engineering & product teams to instill, enact and iterate on that vision
- Manage and scale the Operations Software and Business Solutions engineering team and build a world-class organization that is focused on innovation, productivity, inclusivity, and employee retention.
- Leading the execution strategy of replacing our existing ERP with a more robust platform, integrating with our other systems
- Collaboratively partner with product, data science, UX, and other teams within the organization to identify the highest impact technology opportunities to enhance the product and user experience.
- Contribute to the high-level design and development of new cloud-based software architectures
- Conducting code reviews to ensure consistent design patterns are being applied
- May require monthly presence for onsite team meetings in Santa Ana, CA
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of managing managers and multiple teams as a senior manager or director in high-growth environment
- Fluent in .Net, Python, Java, C#, or other high-level language ,and are also not afraid to take on other new technologies
- Familiar with client-side frameworks, such as Vue.js, Angular or React
- Strong hands-on experience with cloud technology especially with serverless computing, and event driven architecture. AWS-cloud experience required
- Strong Experience with Distributed Systems, API Gateway, Service Oriented and Microservice architectures
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong exposure to collaborative engineering methodologies (agile, code reviews, linting, continuous integration, cloud deployments)
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or related fields preferred.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $193,182 to $300,568. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Flexible Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email email@example.com.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa