Position: Facilities Manager
Season: May, 2023 - September, 2023
Overview: Collective Retreats
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats allows our guests to explore unique destinations without sacrificing any luxuries, and to leave feeling inspired and connected.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, fast growth hospitality company that concepts and operates asset-light, moveable hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our luxury retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences, with an emphasis on thoughtful design, inspiring decor, once-in-a-lifetime food, curated local activities, and luxurious amenities. We're changing the travel industry by giving guests authentic, local experiences paired with service and luxury that you would find in a 5-star hotel - something we're able to achieve through our unique locations and structures.
We are seeking a Facilities Manager to support our Retreat Operations team in the ongoing maintenance of retreat grounds and facilities including tents, lodges, landscaping, equipment and mechanical systems. This person will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all maintenance-related issues in a courteous and timely manner while ensuring an amazing guest experience at all times.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance operations and general repair of all retreat grounds, guest accommodations,, team facilities/equipment and mechanical systems
- Performs systematic checks and inspections of the retreat to provide a proactive maintenance program to prevent breakdowns, malfunctions and general depreciation
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in order to troubleshoot, repair and/or resolve maintenance requests and problems as they arise
- Maintains UTVs, tools and work spaces including kitchen areas, cook tents and lodges
- Performs a variety of repair and maintenance tasks including, but not limited to light carpentry, plumbing and electrical as well as general groundskeeping/landscaping
- Supports set-up and de-install teams for the opening and closing of the Retreat each season, including logistics, shipping and warehousing operations
- Assists in maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment for all guests and team members
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for working and being in the outdoors--this position is very “hands-on”!
- 4+ years experience in grounds and/or building maintenance and repair or related field in the hotel, hospitality, customer service and/or outdoor adventure industry
- 2+ years experience in light carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and/or landscaping
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; able to quickly troubleshoot and create solutions with the resources at hand in an outdoor, sometimes unpredictable, environment
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to deliver great service to both our guests and team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with co-workers
- Approachable, presentable and professional; a hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to regularly lift 25 lbs, and occasionally, 40+ lbs
- Willingness to work various shifts, including long and sometimes erratic hours
- Valid Drivers License
Compensation & Perks:
- Salary Range: $25 per hour, plus gratuity
- Unique & meaningful benefits including: Vacation Time, Healthcare, Dental, Vision insurance, monthly wellness stipend
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations and employee free and discounted nights
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com