Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, high-growth hospitality company that creates and operates asset-light, modular and tented luxury hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences and is built with a keen eye on design, beautiful décor, and amenities. We’re changing the travel industry with our focus on delivering authentic, local experiences for our guests with service on the level of what you would find at a 5-star hotel. Our retreats offer a wide variety of activities for our guests, both created by our staff and in combination with local activity providers..
We are seeking an Relief Overnight Manager to deliver premium service to our guests, assist the retreat General Manager with internal business operations, and work with the broader Collective Retreats team to grow our valued brand.
The ideal candidate is experienced in delivering great customer service, highly organized and dependable, caring and approachable, self-motivated, and comfortable in the outdoors. If you love being outside and working with people, then this is a great opportunity for you!
Seasonal role; Part-time. 2-3 shifts per week.
- Greet and check-in guests as they arrive, kicking off their experience with enthusiasm and attention
- Book activities and/or meals for guests as they desire
- Provide local knowledge and suggestions for guests
- Ensure guest tents/rooms and bathrooms are spotlessly clean and well maintained
- Ensure the physical condition of the retreat and any equipment are well maintained
- Maintain and promote a safe environment for our guests and team
- Assist the General Manager, Assistant General Manager and any Manager(s) on Duty, as needed on the overnight shift.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for working and being in the outdoors. This position is very “hands-on” with very little “office work.” A sense of adventure is a plus!
- 2+ years previous experience in hospitality, customer service and/or outdoor adventure
- Approachable, presentable and professional – desires to create amazing experiences for our guests
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, flexible – desires new challenges and is self-motivated
- Extremely well organized with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work well in remote locations with co-workers
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to deliver great service to our guests in an adventurous, outdoor setting
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude. Willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to work a minimum of 25 hours per week and willingness to work on both weekends and weekdays, as needed
- Handy with tools, able to lift 40 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive hourly rate, plus tips earned
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations