We are seeking a Retreat Manager to oversee the day to day operations of our flagship retreat located on Governors Island in New York City, including owning the onsite guest experience, building and managing the retreat team, and managing against budget and site P&L. This person will work closely with the General Manager on a day to day basis.
The ideal candidate is experienced in hospitality management and all aspects of running a boutique hotel, including: front desk, concierge, rooms department management, food & beverage program and department management, and hotel finance. This person is also highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
- Day to day management (along with the General Manager) of a boutique hotel of 30 – 50 rooms, including oversight over front desk, rooms management, activity partners (for concierge), food and beverage, housekeeping, and maintenance
- Deliver a safe, fully functioning and operational hotel 100% of the season
- Responsible for the entire onsite brand and guest experience and delivering exceptional levels of guest satisfaction, consistently
- Operate the retreat on budget, managing costs to hit profitability targets; and contribute to achieving topline revenue goals
- Build, train and manage a hospitality team in varying roles and levels of experience. Manage third party vendors, contractors and suppliers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building and the guest experience. This position is critical in delivering against our customer promise
- 5+ years previous experience in the luxury hotel industry with management positions and oversight over departments and teams. Background in rooms management is highly desirable
- Highly adaptable - conditions at the retreats will change, and this person should have the ability to think on their feet and remain steadfast.
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional guest experiences and high satisfaction levels
- Demonstrated ability to grow, manage and develop teams and retain talent
- Willing to do “the heavy lifting” and handiwork as needed (basic repair and maintenance)
- Past experience in a new business or startup highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited information
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across multiple complex projects
- Approachable, presentable and professional
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to be based on property and to relocate to new property locations as the company grows
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to build the perfect locations for our guests in an adventurous outdoor setting
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
- Willingness to travel or relocate with needs of the business
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Prior experience in hotel management, camp/recreational management, and/or retail store management is required
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a competitive compensation package, including the unique opportunity to earn options in the business over time
- Healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations and employee free and discounted nights