Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective is an online concierge financial platform designed to give self-employed people the technology and team they need to focus on their passion, and not their paperwork. Collective handles company formation, taxes, accounting and much more. We are headquartered in San Francisco and backed by General Catalyst, QED, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and more.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the work of business-of-one. We'd love to have you join us!
About the Role:
We're looking for a hands-on, user-centric, full-stack product designer with experience creating exceptional internal and external experiences. We'll team up and design a large, multifaceted platform that solves complex problems on business compliance, accounting, taxes, payroll, benefits and more.
- Work cross-functionally with business, engineering, member services and other teams to design Collective's internal and external tools.
- Understand business goals, analyze data channels to identify user behavior and apply your findings into product design decisions
- Take responsibility and lead projects to ensure seamless delivery of designed experience
- Design and run user research sessions, calls, surveys and analyze the outcome to help making design decisions across the company.
- Create detailed flows, journey maps, processes for our multi-persona platform
- Design interfaces and interactions to create a simple, intuitive, joyful experience
- Support designing a visual identity and brand that trigger emotions
- Support creating prototypes to communicate user interactions, transitions and flows
What we want you to bring:
- 8+ years experience working in technology in product design roles
- User centric, process and system oriented design thinking
- Strong relation to our mission, vision and product
- Proven skills in analyzing complex systems and processes, understanding problems across teams and personas and bring creative solutions
- Experience breaking down complex processes into granular steps and finding optimization and automation opportunities
- Experience working on large projects with multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong command on Figma and design systems
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- Keen eye on details, strong time and project management skills
- Proactive collaboration
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever changing work environment.
What we offer in return:
- A dynamic, diverse, and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work
- Autonomy and ownership
- Learning and professional growth
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings!
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the CPO. This role is based in San Francisco (our team currently works remotely).