Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective is an online concierge financial platform designed to give self-employed people the technology and team they need to focus on their passion, and not their paperwork. Collective handles company formation, taxes, accounting and much more. We are headquartered in San Francisco and backed by General Catalyst, QED, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and more.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the work of business-of-one. We'd love to have you join us!
We're looking for a hands-on, user-centric Product Management lead with experience in service and process design. We'll team up and design a large, multifaceted platform to solve complex problems and automate operations.
- Working with a team of tax, accounting, and operations professionals to gather requirements, scope and spec features, optimize and automate their workflows.
- Plan and run user research sessions to understand user needs to bring creative solutions to their problems.
- Interview stakeholders to understand their needs, wants, and goals to balance business and customer needs.
- Help to create and maintain roadmaps, communicate prioritizations and progress, as well as a seamless delivery.
- Support a talented team of product managers, designers and engineers to work smoothly and grow professionally.
What we want you to bring:
- 8+ years experience working in technology as a Product Manager
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Math, Economics)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of designers, engineers in the early stages of product development with team members in multiple locations.
- A strong work ethic, exceptional attention to detail and project management know-how
- Experience in systems/process design, workflow optimization, and automation.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change. You are effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
- Scrappiness. You approach questions with scientific rigor but can execute pragmatically to find the simplest solution.
- Bonus: Experience in finance, accounting, taxation or compliance.
What we offer in return:
- A dynamic, diverse, and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work
- Autonomy and ownership
- Learning and professional growth
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings!
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the CPO. This role is based in San Francisco (our team currently works remotely).