Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
We're looking for a hands-on, user-centric Product Manager with experience in process design and automation. We'll team up and design a large, multifaceted platform to solve complex problems and automate operations.
- Working with a team of tax, accounting, and operations professionals to gather requirements, scope and spec features, optimize and automate their workflows.
- Plan and run user research sessions to understand user needs to bring creative solutions to their problems.
- Interview stakeholders to understand their needs, wants, and goals to balance business and customer needs.
- Help to create and maintain roadmaps, communicate prioritizations and progress, as well as a seamless delivery.
What we want you to bring:
- 8+ years experience working in technology as a Product Manager
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Math, Economics)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of designers, engineers in the early stages of product development with team members in multiple locations.
- A strong work ethic, exceptional attention to detail and project management know-how
- Experience in systems/process design, growth, workflow optimization, and automation.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change. You are effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
- Scrappiness. You approach questions with scientific rigor but can execute pragmatically to find the simplest solution.
- Bonus: Experience in finance, accounting, taxation or compliance.
What we offer in return:
- A dynamic, diverse, and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work
- Autonomy and ownership
- Learning and professional growth
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings!
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the CPO. This role is based in San Francisco (our team currently works remotely).
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.