Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective is the first online concierge financial platform designed to give self-employed people the technology and team they need to focus on their passion, and not their paperwork. We handle company formation, taxes, accounting and much more. We are headquartered in San Francisco and backed by General Catalyst, QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and more.
- You’ll be helping our new members by identifying and collecting transition data, setting up their books and chart of accounts
- Perform monthly bookkeeping which includes monthly categorization, bank reconciliations, running reports (e.g., balance sheet and P&L statement), closing their books at the end of the year
- Provide payroll support and assist them with bookkeeping or accounting questions
- Assist Accounting Manager with ad hoc requests to support member services.
- Participate in team activities, meetings, and share best practices
- Passion for supporting entrepreneurs and the self-employed
- Minimum 3+ years experience in bookkeeping or accounting;
- Experience using cloud bookkeeping platforms and payroll processing software
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Methodical, hands-on, results-driven
- Customer service oriented, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
What we bring:
- A diverse and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings