Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
- Constantly innovate to increase capacity.
- Train and educate 5-10 members a day on QuickBooks Online and Gusto.
- Use your deep accounting, payroll, tax return, and sales expertise to break down complex topics for members so they are thrilled with your knowledge and human centered approach.
- Build Profit & Loss statements for prior months by helping members extract and categorize business transactions from business and personal banking accounts.
- Perform complex reconciliations, opening balance entries, and journal entries.
- Help members run first payroll and understand payroll taxes.
- Educate members on a variety of topics related to other departments at Collective, including follow-up questions related to previous tax calls.
- Write help center articles, create loom videos, whatever it takes to provide proactive top tier training.
- Participate in team activities, meetings, and share best practices.
- Passion for supporting entrepreneurs and the self-employed.
- Effortlessly switch between repetitive tasks and complex analysis.
What we want you to bring:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in accounting and payroll.
- QuickBooks Online, Gusto, or equivalent software.
- Tax return experience with Schedule C 1040 or 1120s.
- Methodical, hands-on, results-driven.
- Customer service oriented, attention to detail,. ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Write and talk like a seasoned professional.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to distill complex concepts and educate clients.
What we offer in return:
- A diverse and collaborative team with flexibility around where you work.
- Competitive salary and stock options package.
- Open vacation policy.
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Team events, workshops, and virtual gatherings.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.