Collective is on a mission to change the way freelancers operate their business, help them master their finances, and optimize their taxes.
We believe the future of work isn't having a job, it's freelancing on one's own terms. Every year, over 1 million people start freelancing in the US. While many freelancers are great at their work, they struggle with the headaches associated with business setup, banking, insurance, taxes and so much more. Collective makes it easy.
About the Role:
As the most senior frontend engineering member of our team at Collective, you will serve as the main point of contact for all things related to React, Python, and front-end engineering. We want to create an environment where our engineers have autonomy, purpose, and craftsmanship on a daily basis.
- Architect, design and develop critical features and components
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to create and build beautiful apps and experiences
- Identify and select the right tools and frameworks for the job
- Collaborate across the organization to build and evolve platform and application capabilities with the technical vision and product and business needs
- Implement automated testing suite for functional and performance testing
- Be an owner and a champion of user experience
What we need you to bring:
- At least 5+ years of experience developing front end web applications.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Extensive experience in responsive web design and development.
- Ability to design and implement highly scalable applications with a passion for the user experience.
- A self-driven and conscientious mentality and a commitment to innovate with high- quality work.
- Experience working collaboratively with product managers and designers.
- Able to communicate technical subject matter to a non-technical audience in an understandable and impactful manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable with change and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Test-driven development / best practices engineering
- Resourceful, creative, and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Redux - MobX
- Dynamic Preprocessor Style Sheet Language (ie: less)
- Front-End Development Framework (ie: Semantic UI)
What we offer in return:
- A dynamic, diverse, flexible and collaborative work environment
- Competitive base pay, incentive compensation, early-stage stock options
- Training, licensing, education support and E&O coverage
- Team retreats, workshops, gatherings in authentic locations
- Healthcare Benefits
- Unlimited PTO