Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
Our ideal team member is a licensed and experienced tax accounting professional, comfortable with finding new prospective members, building rapport and consulting over video conferences, and conveying the Collective value proposition, and closing the deal.
Collective is a San Francisco based company, but there will be opportunities to travel to San Francisco for team events, company offsites, and professional development opportunities, once the pandemic is over.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct video interviews with prospective members to determine qualification and to initiate an exceptional relationship-building experience, and secure the prospect’s commitment to join.
- Provide value and guidance to prospective members based on their unique business attributes and personal financial needs
- Manage a pipeline of pre-qualified leads through value-based, diligent follow-up
- Manage initial onboarding of new members and support Tax and Accounting teams through detail-oriented data and document gathering
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and our Member Services Team on cross-functional projects
- Ambitiously develop outbound prospecting, networking strategies, and execution
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports to explain business results (conversion, feedback, lead source, etc.)
Qualifications, Skills, Requirements:
- Tax Accounting Experience
- Client Acquisition and Business Development Experience
- Industry Credential (Enrolled Agent, CPA, Attorney)
- Personable, adaptable and willing to be a team player
- Understand the ins & outs of being a small business owner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills via phone, email, and video conference
- Outstanding sales, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Preferred but NOT Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- General knowledge of GSuite, Quickbooks, Gusto, Zoom, VOIP, or similar applications
- Familiarity with sales enablement tools: Salesforce, Mailchimp, MixMax etc.
- Proven ability to launch successful cold outreach or other prospecting campaigns
Location: This is a remote position
Compensation & Benefits :
The salary and stock option package for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Collective offers great organizational benefits:
- Diverse and collaborative team
- Professional development opportunities
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Team events & workshops
- Unlimited PTO (U.S. Employees)
Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors give our members the freedom to focus on what matters by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community- all in one platform; we are looking for someone to support our mission and vision and to contribute to bringing about the freelancer revolution. About 36% of the workforce are businesses-of-one, let’s change the future of work, together!
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.